We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

by bus

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malta
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
by bus

I'm trying to find the best way by bus to go to the colosseum, termini station and piazza di spagna by bus from our hotel in the Vatican, Spring House Hotel.thanks in advance

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,283 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: by bus

I don't use the buses so I can't help with that but your hotel is right between two metro stops, cipro and ottaviano. You can get on either of these and get off at the stops you mention. You will have to change trains at the termini station to go to the colosseum but that is very easy to do. The trip from cipro to the spanish steps should take about 6 minutes and then another 4 to get to the termini. It is very quick.

Donna

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: by bus

If you, like me, prefer to take buses rather than the metro (and get more of a feel for where you are) then this is the site for you. There is a route planner which you can access in English - just put the address of your hotel in and your destination and it will give you a map and the number of the bus or buses you must take. There is an option where you can say "no underground" and it will give you bus routes only.

http://www.atac.roma.it/index.asp?lingua=ENG

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: by bus

bus #81 takes you almost every where, to the colosseum as well as to the spanish steps area. The starting ride is in Risorgimento Square (piazza risorgimento). Take a look to the route:

trovalinea.atac.roma.it/zoom_in.asp…

You can find the bus tickets at the newstand in the square!

Ciao Daniela

4. Re: by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2010, 06:18