We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfers

Dorset
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
transfers

Hi

We are flying from lgw to fiumicimo on the 10th december - I have heard we should get the 'leonardo express' to Termini (we are staying at the Romanico Palace in Via Veneto - I believe we can walk from Termini to there?)

Do we need to get a bus from the airport to then get on the train, or does the train go direct from the airport to Termini?

Thanks. We cant wait to visit Rome!

Dorset
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: transfers

im grateful to all advice but I think we will take the simple option! although we are both experienced travellers its our first time to rome.

Does anyone know how long the journey takes o the leornardo express from the airport to termin?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,062 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: transfers

When on holiday time is precious, take the train from the airport, then a taxi to were you are staying.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: transfers

Just a small point - the Hotel Romanica Palace is NOT in Via Veneto, it is on Via Boncompagni off the Via Veneto, and it's about halfway along. So it will be quite a walk. It is quite a long walk from the platform where the airport trains terminate just into the main booking hall of the station.

But, outside in the Piazza just in front of the station is a large bus terminus and here you can pick up the No. 910. Just four stops and you are metres away from your hotel. Buy a bus ticket first, though. There are machines dotted around the bus terminus area.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,648 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: transfers

Knowing the hotel is on via boncompagni makes it an even quicker journey on foot. Come out of the termini station and head towards the via della republica. Continue straight on via V. Orlando until the road splits 3 ways. You want to take the middle split (via Leonida bissolati)( the left split is v Barberini). Follow this to V. boncompagni. This will take about 10 minutes of walking.

As to whether or not to buy tickets to the vatican in advance, I would say if you can you should. It will help with with your itinerary and allow you to bypass any line. Go to:

…vatican.va/musei/tickets/do…

for tickets or tours.

Donna

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,648 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: transfers

Knowing the hotel is on via boncompagni makes it an even quicker journey on foot. Come out of the termini station and head towards the via della republica. Continue straight on via V. Orlando until the road splits 3 ways. You want to take the middle split (via Leonida bissolati)( the left split is v Barberini). Follow this to V. boncompagni. This will take about 10 minutes of walking.

As to whether or not to buy tickets to the vatican in advance, I would say if you can you should. It will help with with your itinerary and allow you to bypass any line. Go to:

…vatican.va/musei/tickets/do…

for tickets or tours.

Donna

16. Re: transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2010, 05:31