We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 day itinerary & artemide hotel...help please

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MAZZYAUDS
Level Contributor
225 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
3 day itinerary & artemide hotel...help please

Hi, my new husband and I are looking to travel to Rome for our 10 year anniversary (of being together, not married obviously) in February. Unfortunately our anniversary falls over Valentine’s weekend so we know prices may be hiked up slightly. However, we’d still like to go and I’d like some advice please.

I’ve looked at the Hotel Artemide and it looks good – great reviews on here, just wondered is it central enough and is it over-priced as it isn’t the cheapest hotel we’ve looked at. We’d like somewhere very central close to shops and tourist attractions so we can walk most places. Is it safe to walk back to your hotel in the evening if you wonder a few streets away for dinner? I’m very safety conscious after my husband was attacked a few years ago so it’s important to me to feel safe within reason.

I am Italian myself (family not from Rome) so I am used to very good food and would love any recommendations for home-cooked food please? I don’t want high-end posh nosh – just good portions of tasty wholesome pasta and pizza

We are planning to stay 3 nights so any ‘must do’ ideas would be great as I always like to have a rough itinerary planned before we go. I know there is a lot to cram in and we’ll miss some things but I’d like to get an all round feel for the city if possible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
30,740 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 day itinerary & artemide hotel...help please

The hotel Artimide is in a great location and you should have no problems walking in this area at night. You will be within walking distance of the sites and also close to the metro.

As for "must do" ideas, you will have to let us know what interests you before we can help you. What I find is a must do may not be a must do for you.

Donna

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,409 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 day itinerary & artemide hotel...help please

Hotels don't generally hike prices for Valentine's Day in Rome; in fact the holiday isn't a big deal in Italy.

MAZZYAUDS
Level Contributor
225 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 day itinerary & artemide hotel...help please

Thanks for the replies – I’ve since read that the Artemide isn’t in the best location for evenings (i.e. it isn’t particularly busy around there). We are looking for a hotel with cafes, restaurants and little shops all around – not because we are lazy but because it often creates a nicer atmosphere if you’re in the thick of it. Are there are another 4 star hotels people would highly recommend for location? Thanks

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
30,740 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 day itinerary & artemide hotel...help please

Hotel artimide is in a great area. Not sure what you read but the area has tons of shops, cafes and restaurants. It is close to the termini but that area is safe and you won't have a problem going to your hotel at night. I have recommended this area to friends and family for years and never had a complaint.

If this area is not what you are looking for try the pantheon area. Just be aware that lively can also mean noisy.

Donna

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 day itinerary & artemide hotel...help please

Mazzy, I've just booked for the first of my usual two or three trips a year to Rome and I'm staying at Albergo Cesari. As far as location is concerned, it is near the Trevi, Pantheon and Piazza Navona, and just off the Via del Corso (main shopping streets in this area). There are also lots of small restaurants in the streets around the hotel. Have a look at their website:

http://www.albergocesari.it/

Also, look at the reviews on TA - really not bad!

6. Re: 3 day itinerary & artemide hotel...help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2010, 05:16