We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfers from campino airport

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
167 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
transfers from campino airport

Hi - Help required!

What is the best, and cheapest, and most efficient way transfer from Campino to the City Centre?

I don't want to be hanging around at the airport waiting with one million other people for the bus, but equally I'm not getting a taxi.

Plus I want to book in advance.

All help really appreciated.

Lou

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,360 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfers from campino airport

As far as I know those are your only two choices. A taxi or the terravision bus.

You can have a private company like romecabs.com pick you up and take you to your hotel for 35 euros.

Donna

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,099 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfers from campino airport

There is also the Sita Bus.. I've used it on my last 2 visits, not as crowded as Terravison...I always used Terravision,but far too crowded .. the Sita bus is on its way while the Terravision queue is still boarding.

There is also a way by using the local Cotral bus to Anagnina Metro stop, then Metro to Termini... I have never done this route so can't comment

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfers from campino airport

If your hotel is anywhere along metro line A the Cotral bus to Anagnina that Jessy mentions is a good way of getting to the centre. The Terravision bus and the Sita bus drop you off at Termini station and you would have to make your way to your hotel by other transport. If say, your hotel is near the Vatican, you could stay on the metro until Ottaviano, etc. I usually go this route as I stay in the flat of a friend when I visit Rome and get off at Lucio Sestio,

The only drawback with the Cotral bus is that there is a staircase going down to the metro line and it''s a pain if you have a heavy suitcase. It is cheap, though, just over two euros into the centre. Get your bus ticket from the driver and then buy a metro ticket in the small bar at the metro station.

Edited: 18 January 2010, 21:49
northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
167 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transfers from campino airport

Many thanks for all your time and help.

I've booked with Terravison as hopefully out of season it won't be too busy! And if it is I'll take the Sita bus.

THANKS

lOU

5. Re: transfers from campino airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2010, 07:16