We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

night out in rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
night out in rome

I will be in Rome with my family for a weekend in march. On sunday night it will just be myself and my mother and i am looking for somewhere special to bring her. i would love if we could go to an opera or musical recitation but can't find any online. Theatre would not suit as we cannot speak or understand italian. i would just like it to be an italian experience. Any ideas for the night out or websites where i can checkout what is on?

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,453 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: night out in rome

Try using the search bar above. I'm sure there have been other posts over the years.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
771 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: night out in rome

Hi Mary

google "classical music Rome"

I found many venues for Opera and classical music recitals. Also, I recall that many Churches have recitals in the evening. You should find something to your liking. Enjoy!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: night out in rome

Do an Internet search for classictic.com Then it the top left box area, click on the city you want...in this case 'Rome'. Then in the same area, click on the month you will be there. Scan the various shows and dates and click on 'prices and info' for details. I'm sure there are other sites, but this is the one I am using for our trip to Italy in May. Much luck...opera seems to be so much more enjoyable in Italy!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: night out in rome

You can check what's on in Wanted in Rome - you can just put in "music" or whatever in the search bar and choose Rome as the city as different events will come up -

http://www.wantedinrome.com/events/

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: night out in rome

Very few musical events are planned, much less announced, well in advance in Rome. Much, much closer to your date, you can go to www.060608.it and enter your date and what you are looking for. It will give you the probably most complete listing.

Note: The Italian version tends to give more program details.

Edited: 01 February 2010, 02:11
6. Re: night out in rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2010, 06:22