We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone been to Ancient Romance B&B?

louisiana
Level Contributor
217 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone been to Ancient Romance B&B?

I was looking into staying @ Ancient Romance B&B and I had a couple of questions about the area. Could someone tell me if this is in the heart of Rome? Can you walk outside and steps from the door are there coffee shops or restaurants? I want to make sure where ever we stay allows us to experience the true Italian feel. Is this a good area? Safe? Basically looking for any recommendations or if someone can recommend another hotel with these qualities

Thanks in advance

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone been to Ancient Romance B&B?

It would help if you tell us where it is.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,616 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone been to Ancient Romance B&B?

Ditto bvlenci, location or an address would help with an answer. Did you google it before you booked?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,101 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone been to Ancient Romance B&B?

If this is it:

http://ancientromance.hotelinroma.com/overview.html?source=-ancient+romance+b%26b+rome+italy

It is near the Vatican and the site says it is on a quiet residential street. This is close enough to the historic district - and I'm sure there are cafes in the area but it is not an area I stay in as I prefer being in the historic center -

When I have walked from Campo d'Fiori to this area, it takes about 20-30 minutes or so and I don't particularly find much that is of interest in that neighborhood - there are just so many times I have wanted to see the Vatican and the museums there.

But, the neighborhood, like the rest of Rome is safe.

Waterbury...
Level Contributor
728 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone been to Ancient Romance B&B?

It is on Via Ottaviano 9, which is the St Peter's/Vatican area. Rated #44 out of over 1100 b&b's in Rome, so that looks promising. Check out the reviews.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187791-d774971…

Edited: 08 February 2010, 13:00
5. Re: Has anyone been to Ancient Romance B&B?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2010, 05:18