We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Maikol Rome- how to get there from Fiumicino airport

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
beijing
9 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Maikol Rome- how to get there from Fiumicino airport

hi,

The street name for Hotel Maikol is Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II and there is a subway station with the same name. Can anyone confirm that I can stop at this station and walk to the hotel? I was reading on the reviews on this hotel and someone mentioned that its 50m away from the station, just wondering if its this station?

Also I understand that there are 2 lines for Rome Metro

http://www.rome.info/metro/

So which line is the green line on the map (pls refer to the website given above) It looks like it connects from the airport to termini central station, does it mean I can take this train and stop vittorio emanuele?

Thanks

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,608 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Maikol Rome- how to get there from Fiumicino airport

hello osoosh

according to the hotel's website you can walk from Termini or go one metro stop.

www.hotelmaikol.com/hotel_location/index.php

There are only two metro lines. The green line you are seeing on the metro map from your link is the Leonardo Express, it costs 12 euro and takes 30 minutes to Termini.

At the airport, follow the signs for the train, buy your ticket at a self-service machine and validate it (yellow box, you will see others doing so) and jump on. this train departs FCO 05 and 35 past the hour.

have fun!

Edited: 18 February 2010, 20:46
beijing
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Maikol Rome- how to get there from Fiumicino airport

hi caffe_espresso, thanks for the hotel website link, when you mention "go one metro stop" , does it mean that the subway station nearest to hotel is vittorio emanuele? As I have 2 big luggages and I dont really want to take a long walk from termini... dont mind even if I need to take a metro stop... can you advise?

rome
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Maikol Rome- how to get there from Fiumicino airport

2 big luggages is going to make your life hard: When you arrive at Termini with the Leonardo Express train from the airport, if you want to take the metro you will need to change levels and take stairs/escalators.

Google maps shows the address you are going to and also metro stops, so you can verify.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,488 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Maikol Rome- how to get there from Fiumicino airport

Try to cut down the amount of luggage; the only time I ever came to Italy with two big suitcases was when I came here to live. I usually travel for up to three weeks with one *small* suitcase.

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
11,088 posts
494 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Maikol Rome- how to get there from Fiumicino airport

Your map doesn't show that you have another option from Fiumicino: the other train FR1, not very well known by foreign visitors but quite useful, that stops in other stations in Rome. It costs 50% than the direct train to Termini Leonardo Express (5.50 euros instead of 11). You can take the FR1 to the station Roma Tuscolana, then walk to the subway station Ponte Lungo. In Ponte Lungo you find the subway line A which leads to Vittorio Emanuele. Notice that walking from Tuscolana to Ponte Lungo takes some minutes, but the Leonardo Express too stops at a platform very far from the centre of Termini station.

Anyway, I agree that if you can travel with small luggage it is all your benefit.

I would add: don't get confused between Piazza Vittorio Emanuele (where the subway stops, and where your hotel is) and Corso Vittorio Emanuele, which is in another area of Rome.

6. Re: Hotel Maikol Rome- how to get there from Fiumicino airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2010, 06:19