We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costs and ease Fuimicino Airport to Hotel Domas Praeto

Rotorua
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Costs and ease Fuimicino Airport to Hotel Domas Praeto

What would be the best way to get from the above airport to Hotel Domas Praetorea. Our flight arrives at 7pm and I don't know if it will be dark or getting dark by the time we get out of airport.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,028 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costs and ease Fuimicino Airport to Hotel Domas Praeto

I assume you mean the Domus Praetoria, as I cannot find a Domas Praetorea. If you want to be understood in Italy, you have to get the spelling right.

1. Leonardo Express train to Termini station for €11 per person, then walk a few blocks as shown on the hotel's web sire: see www.domushotel.com/domus_eng.html and click on "Map".

2. Taxi from airport to hotel for fixed price of €40.

3. Private car with driver for €45 to €50. See www.romecabs.com

You don't say when you will be travelling, so it's hard to know when it would get dark.

Rotorua
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costs and ease Fuimicino Airport to Hotel Domas Praeto

Sorry, June.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,028 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costs and ease Fuimicino Airport to Hotel Domas Praeto

In June, it does not get dark until 9.30 or later.

rome
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Costs and ease Fuimicino Airport to Hotel Domas Praeto

or take the sitbusshuttle to termini for 8 euros.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costs and ease Fuimicino Airport to Hotel Domas Praeto

Yet another option: FR1 train (not the Leonardo Express) to Ostiense station, change to metro (direction Rebibbia), get off at Castro Petrorio (next stop after Termini), walk a few minutes to your hotel. Total cost €6.50, and it gets you closer to the hotel than any other option, except the taxi. If you have lots of luggage, you may not want to deal with the metro, though.

By the way, since there are hundreds of hotels in Rome, it would be helpful if people would mention where the hotel is when asking directions; I don't know more than twenty or so of the hotels by name, and in order to advise on directions, I usually have to look them up.

6. Re: Costs and ease Fuimicino Airport to Hotel Domas Praeto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2010, 05:16