We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi cost from Termini to Spanish Steps

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
36 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi cost from Termini to Spanish Steps

greetings wonderful people of TA!

quick question. i am staying in the Intercontinental next to the spanish steps. how much do you think the taxi will cost from Termini station to the Hotel? thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,506 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi cost from Termini to Spanish Steps

The taxi will be on a meter so the price will vary depending on traffic - I would estimate about 12 euros - give or take but again, traffic will the thing that will determine how high it will go.

California
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi cost from Termini to Spanish Steps

Have you considered the Metro? There appears to be Metro stops at both Termini (train station) and Spagna (Spanish Steps)

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
36 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi cost from Termini to Spanish Steps

thanks for the answers

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
20 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi cost from Termini to Spanish Steps

I would recommend the Metro for sure. From Termini to Spagna is about a 5 minute ride, if that. The Spanish Steps very close to the Metro stop in Spagna. Not a hassle with luggage at all.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,146 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi cost from Termini to Spanish Steps

If you have a lot of luggage I would suggest taking a cab. Managing your own luggage on and off the metro could be a problem if you have lots of bags.

Donna

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,680 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi cost from Termini to Spanish Steps

The spagna Metro stop was under the hill so that you would have to walk down the tunnel with your luggage, but not down the stairs (what I remember). There is an escalator at Termini up fron the Metro level.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi cost from Termini to Spanish Steps

It depends on how many people and how many luggage bags you have. If you're travelling in a small group with just 1 luggage per person, metro should be the best option. Otherwise, you can consider taking cab.

8. Re: Taxi cost from Termini to Spanish Steps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2010, 05:17