We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boys Day in Rome 16th of June

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Topic
Boys Day in Rome 16th of June

Hello all!

As part of a European trip that my wife her sister and my brother in law are taking through June and July, We will be spending a week in Rome ( and can't wait!!) On the 16th of June the girls will be doing an all day cooking class and as such my brother in law and I will have a spare day.

Looking for ideas for two lads to get up to? Ideally this would mean going to a soccer game/ horse racing/ or maybe just a cool bar for the afternoon? Any thoughts?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boys Day in Rome 16th of June

Hard to say without knowing what you both actually like to do - you can probably search online for any games you might want to see.

Such as this, for example that I came across googling "sports events in rome italy"

eventful.com/rome/events/categories/sports

I'm sure there are many more that will help you guys out. And, probably someone here will chime in as well with some ideas but it is a bit tough not knowing what your interests are -

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boys Day in Rome 16th of June

Thanks for that, I suppose it is hard to answer everything that might interest us.

We like good Wine, and Great food, so some where good to sit and do some people watching might be a good option

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boys Day in Rome 16th of June

If you want to do some people watching, just keep an eye out for a well situated cafe as you wander about doing your sightseeing. Be sure to write down the name and the location - whatever street, across from... near whatever cross street...so you can find the place again.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boys Day in Rome 16th of June

This is the Web site of the horse track:

http://www.capannelleippodromo.it/

There's nothing on the program for June 16 at the moment, but once you get to Rome, the tourist information offices should be able to tell you whether there's something on or not.

Be aware that people watching at cafes on famous squares - e.g., Piazza Navona - comes at higher prices than at ordinary cafes. In either case, you'll pay more if you sit down.

rome
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Boys Day in Rome 16th of June

There will be 2 soccer games on that day that you can watch in a pub, as part of the fifa world cup 2010.....

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boys Day in Rome 16th of June

Boys' toys?

The Italian airforce has a nice museum with a collection of thirties' seaplanes and other aircraft, on the shore of Lake Bracciano.

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/ostia_bracc

Afterwards, you might try the lake fish they serve in the town's restaurants, before taking the train back to Rome?

Peter

7. Re: Boys Day in Rome 16th of June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2010, 06:16