We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A room near Termini station

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A room near Termini station

Hello,

I have been looking at many hotels in Rome and even though I knew that it would be expensive , I have difficulty to find a hotel near the centre that is affordable. I am looking at a maximum of 100 Euros. Is the Termini Station area safe anough for a woman traveling alone ?

Thank you,

Masaryk

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,347 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A room near Termini station

The termini is a perfectly safe area and you should be fine using normal precautions- don't be out alone in the wee hours of the mornng, don't flash large amounts of cash or jewelry around.

You can find hotels in the termini area that will fit your budget. Try venere.com for hotels in this area.

Donna

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,099 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A room near Termini station

Masary

When are you travelling ? I am booked in City House B&B next week, single room 70 euros per night, it is as central as it gets, right on the Pantheon square.

venere.com/bandb/…information

Ottawa
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: A room near Termini station

Mrs,

Thank you very much for the information. I am not sure if it is something that I read but I thought that it was an area to avoid. But I will now look into their hotel list.

Thanks and wishing you many travels,

Masaryk

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
143 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A room near Termini station

Some travel books rate Termini area a little less desirable than other locations in Rome. Not quiet sure why! I stayed in the Assisi Hotel,Termini and certainly did not have any complaints with that particular area. It is brilliant if you want to be close to public transport.

Would agree though, with Jessybobs, that around the Pantheon is hard to beat, if waking up in Old Rome is what you are after. The City House B&B has mixed reviews, but a 70 euro price tag is very appealing. Rome is expensive.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,099 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A room near Termini station

The reviews for City House B&B are much better on Venere.com, were it is rated 9 out of 10. Venere reviews are a little more reliable I think, as you would have actually had to stay there before writing one.

6. Re: A room near Termini station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2010, 05:19