We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good hotel really

california
Level Contributor
440 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
good hotel really

I need a hotel for my first trip to Rome. I need a convenient location for a tourist, clean, quiet, safe, ensuite bath, good bed. Don't need fancy . Under 200euros

I have read reviews of the hotels on this site, and many of the so called top-rated ones sound terrible. This is true even for price ranges from 60 to 260 euros. How can I find a reasonable hotel?

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good hotel really

Read the reviews (which you say you have done) most people taking the time to write a review are an excellent source of information.

Read the reviews on Expedia..their reviews are also excellent.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,158 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good hotel really

We came back yesterday having stayed at the Visconti Palace for four nights. We felt it was in a good area and very comfortable and modern. It was within walking distance of everything whilst being a nice area with a few nice restaurants around. Breakfast was good and it was spotlessly clean. There is a roof terrace and a small patio area outside the bar. Pleasant staff. I would go there again. Not sure if that helps at all.

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good hotel really

It looks like Twigs has answered your question. Happy travels and report to us on the hotel that you do finally select!

England
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: good hotel really

We have just returned from Cesari hotel. It's in a fantastic location - 2 mins walk to Trevi fountain, 5 to Pantheon and a couple more minutes to Piazza Navona. Comfortable room, helpful staff, adequate breakfast and lovely roof terrace with patio heaters for chilly evenings. We paid around 130 Euro a night.

5. Re: good hotel really

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2010, 06:17