We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near Vatican

Scotland
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Hotels near Vatican

Could anyone recommend any hotels near the Vatican , for a couple aged 70. Looking to be near the Vatican , and will use the tour bus.

How much for a taxi from Ciampino also ?

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Vatican
Vatican
240 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Ciampino
Ciampino
Province of Rome, Italy
Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near Vatican

The Columbus in the Via Conciliazione is good but a little pricey. Another, that is near the Vatican Museum is the Alimandi Hotels (3* Tunisi and 4* Vaticano).

Mentioned in this post
Vatican
Vatican
240 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Caffe Vaticano
Caffe Vaticano
1,457 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,259 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near Vatican

www.venere.com you can 'shop' by location & price. There's booking.com, romeby.com and numerous other sites. Try the search bar above the posts.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near Vatican

I suggest you use this site to find hotels:

www.venere.com/italy/rome

You can choose "Vatican" as your neighborhood. I would suggest that you pay more attention to the guest rating rather than the number of stars.

Mentioned in this post
Vatican
Vatican
240 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near Vatican

I have just returned from Rome where I stayed at the Palazzo Cardinal Cesi hotel. It was really superb, as near to St Peter's as you can get. The bus stop for the open top 110 bus is right opposite the hotel. I have submitted a review but TA haven't posted it yet, maybe within the next day or so. Here is their website, but you may be able to get rooms cheaper from other websites, i.e. Travel Republic which I used.

http://www.palazzocesi.it/hotel-cesi-roma/en/

The taxi from Ciampino is 30 euros, flat rate fare.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Palazzo Cardinal Cesi
Palazzo Cardinal Cesi
431 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Ciampino
Ciampino
Province of Rome, Italy
5. Re: Hotels near Vatican

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2010, 07:19