We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice restaurant on (near) Piazza Navona

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Nice restaurant on (near) Piazza Navona

Could anyone recommend a nice restaurant on Piazza Navona but not too expensive for a nice meal, please?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,461 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice restaurant on (near) Piazza Navona

I eat here whenever I am in Rome - they have really terrific tiramasu:

Da Francesco

Piazza del Fico, 29

Google Da Francesco Rome Italy and look at the google map - it is just a few minutes from the main square of Piazza Navona.

Not fancy, but good food, good prices and always packed so you may want to make a reservation.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice restaurant on (near) Piazza Navona

Thank you. :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
673 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice restaurant on (near) Piazza Navona

Always a fave of ours about a 10 minute walk west of the Piazza.

Ristorante Antica Taverna

Via di Monte Giordano, 12, PH 066 8801053‎

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice restaurant on (near) Piazza Navona

I am afraid to say that the last three times I have been in Rome, Da Francesco has been closed and most definitely empty with whitewashed windows. Not sure when or if it will open again. Navona Notte isn't bad, on the corner of Via Tor Millina and Via del Teatro Pace. Prices are very reasonable.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,461 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice restaurant on (near) Piazza Navona

Oh shoot! When I was there in October, I went by and it was closed up so I missed out but did not think it was for good - if you have been by that many times and it is closed, it sounds like it is indeed gone. I can't imagine why - it was always full of people. I was first taken by some friends who live in Rome and it was mostly local folks. Ouch. This makes me sad....

Navona Notte is also good too. I haven't eaten there as many times, but it was good each time and it is just a touch closer to the main square than Da Francesco.

Sniff.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice restaurant on (near) Piazza Navona

I'd only been once to Da Francesco and really enjoyed it - went to have a look when I was in Rome in March and still pretty closed up. It did look a bit permanent. The whole Piazza del Fico is less fun now. There used to be people playing chess outside another nice bar, but that seems to have gone as well. Oh well, things change, but sometimes not for the better!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice restaurant on (near) Piazza Navona

Thank you everyone. :)

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice restaurant on (near) Piazza Navona

Here's a list of options organized by neighborhood. There are several great options in the Piazza Navona area. Just make sure you don't eat in Piazza Navona. The restaurants/bars are pure tourist traps.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187791-s501/Rome:Ita…

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice restaurant on (near) Piazza Navona

The better value (quality of food for the price) always seems to be a few blocks away from the main Piazzas and tourist areas. We like the side streets to the west of Piazza Navona and wander until it smells right or looks good! Last year one of our wander places was Osteria del Gallo, we had a great time there with a very good meal and even ran into some friends who happened by.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,314 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice restaurant on (near) Piazza Navona

We had a very nice meal at Domitiziano which is in a small street that enters P Navona. They have a bar on the piazza and a restaurant on the corner opposite the Senate building. A lovely pizza oven that is obviously popular with the locals, so you can have lovely thin crispy pizza, but also a full menu should you desire it. We had the full three courses, water and a bottle of wine plus 2x dessert wine for E120, so not the cheapest but nice food and good service. They are famous for their tartufo dessert.

Our favourite restaurant for good Italian food is Antonios al Pantheon.