We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast in Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NC
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast in Rome

Hi,

We are visiting Rome in July and staying there for 3 nights.

I don't know if it was a good idea, but I've chosen a 4 star bland new hotel over a 3 star hotel with free breakfast included. The 4 star hotel still costs more and doesn't offer free breakfast.

We are not looking for any Restaurant for breakfast. Are there any stores or cafes with bread, bagles, milk, coffee and etc. near Termini?

If it is not easy to find those places, I may need to change my hotel.

Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,714 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast in Rome

There is a supermarket in Termini station, and a number of cafes. There is nowhere in central Paris where you would be unable to get these things.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,095 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast in Rome

bonjou33, try www.venere.com, you can 'shop' for location, price, amenities in Euros or dollars. There is a small grocery at the Termini and a larger one on Via Nazionale.

The 'star' system for hotels in Italy is far different that the States. I've stayed at some very nice 2-3 stars hotel that even had the small fridge (with overpriced sodas, etc) and a free breakfast that included deli meat, cheese, cereal, bagels and the awesome croissants (particularly with chocolate)

July is hot, make sure the a/c is in working order by looking at reviews.

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast in Rome

I don't think I have seen a bagel in Rome, but then again I haven't looked. Italian breakfast in a cafe is usually a cappuccino and some sort of pastry with sweet filling like nutella. (yum) cafes are very easy to find and plentiful. Breakfast is usually quick and simple.

In Termini there are fast food options too.

I know there is grocery store on Via Cavour which is a 10-15 min. walk from Termini (SuperElite Via Cavour, 232) and nearby Termini little stores that offer the basics.

Read the reviews of the hotel with the breakfast. I have to confess I like staying in a hotel that offers a good breakfast. As much as I love nutella I rather have a yogurt and some toast.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,670 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast in Rome

Most Italians have their breakfast at a neighborhood bar, where they have a croissant and a cappuccino. They also have other pastries, various fruit juices, and usually even fresh-squeezed orange juice. I also have never seen bagels in Italy, and caffe_espresso is correct in saying that the number of stars is not a reliable indicator of quality in Italy.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast in Rome

Bagels are very American ,and you will have a job to find them in Italy, Italians go for small cakes or croissants with a cup of coffee for their breakfasts, usually standing at a bar, of which there are many in the Termini area of course. A decent supermarket at the Station should provide what you need, a lot of small shops too.

6. Re: Breakfast in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2010, 05:17