We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport from FCO to Roma

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
miami beach
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
transport from FCO to Roma

I know I've read some where that you can take a FM? train or the bus from the airport to Rome at half the price than the Leonardo Express...but in my over planning and endless notes, cannot find it for the life of me! Help! Also, we (4-5 people) are picking up a car from FCO and off to Tuscany on a Saturday. My thinking is have 1 or 2 of us goout and get the car, come back and pick up the othere's and go from there, to save a little Eupo or maybe have them make their way a bit closer by way of local transport and pick them up. Ideas as to where? Our hotel is in the Vactian area. And, last question, can some one reccommend where we can park this beast (car) when we come back the following Sat and leave it close in the same area (Vactian) before heading out early Sunday morning to FCO? mille gracie in advance for all your advice! deborah

rome
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transport from FCO to Roma

Please specify where exactly around Vatican, it does make a difference. But in general: the FM train just got more expensive like the leonardo exp (search the boards, there was a discussion lately) and the bus, sitbusshuttle is 8 euros per person, the cavour stop might be feasible for you. BUT: if you are 4-5, why don't you just get a taxi (4 no problem, 5 you need a bigger taxi, which do exist, you just might need to wait a bit longer till one comes up in the taxi line) - it is a 40 euros (soon to be 45) flat rate all included and does make sense for your group - but it does matter where exactly you are, the flat rate is only for inside the walls! If this applies to you, I'd suggest the same for the day you are picking up the car - just taxi out to the airport all of you instead of have someone unfamiliar with manual drive, the layout and the traffic of Rome drive into Rome on a saturday to pick you up! Parking rec for your return according to where exactly you are.

miami beach
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: transport from FCO to Roma

the street we're staying on is Via Dei Gracchi, and the metro nearest is Ottaviano...i have always been leary of taxis, and usually we use public ground trans, but if it is only 40 Euro flat rate, it does make sense...now if we can find parking ..it will be one less thing to stress about....as far as the rates changing, we arrive on May 13...thanks for your help...deb

rome
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: transport from FCO to Roma

Oh, you can park Viale Giulio Cesare or latest Milizie on a saturday evening, you'll be fine (with Roman standards).

As I said, the Sitbusshuttle to/from Piazza Cavour would be the closest and most economical public transportation option for you, but a cab is almost the same price per person, so I'd really suggest that. Your street is within the flatrate area. The flat rate change is unfortunately a bit of a mystery, no one knows when it'll go up, we just know it will (has been decided). But even then, with 45 euros, you are still doing good...

4. Re: transport from FCO to Roma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2010, 05:18