We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is it between the Collesseum and St Peter's Square ?

UK
Level Contributor
376 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
How far is it between the Collesseum and St Peter's Square ?

Hi everyone,

I will be visiting Rome for 1 day only , I can get transport to St Peter's square from the port for about 40 euros, but I want to go to the Colleseum. Can I walk to it? How far is it? are there metro station near by if walking is not do-able? thanks

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,332 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How far is it between the Collesseum and St Peter's Square ?

Previous thread on whether the Roma Pass is worth it?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k20062…

I think if you visit 2 sites and use public transprot then it is.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How far is it between the Collesseum and St Peter's Square ?

And don't forget, google maps has walking directions too, so you can get a feel for the distances between the sites you want to see. If you also wanted to go by the Trevi Fountain and Pantheon, they are roughly mid-way between the Colosseum and St. Peter's.

Mentioned in this post
Pantheon
Pantheon
63,066 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
378 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How far is it between the Collesseum and St Peter's Square ?

Taking the train from the port into Rome will be quicker than a bus. The train station is only 10 minutes from the ships.

14. Re: How far is it between the Collesseum and St Peter's Square ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2010, 06:22