We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toiletries in Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
6 posts
Save Topic
Toiletries in Rome

Probably a silly questions, but I'm wondering where to buy toiletries in Rome. I plan on packing everything in a carry-on and buying toiletries in Rome. I'm renting an apartment in Trastevere and can't find the name of a store in the area. Thanks for your help, in advance!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Toiletries in Rome

Supermarket STANDA, Viale Di Trastevere, 60.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,130 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Toiletries in Rome

First, I would suggest you email the place/person you are renting the apartment from and ask them. I remember seeing a number of stores all around Trastevere but can't recall just where.

You don't have to worry though - there are plenty of places everywhere -

I found a place by Piazza Farnese - but it is difficult to explain location: If you are standing and facing the Palazzo, you would go to your left and walk up the first street to your right that you come to - maybe two door in and there is a shop to buy shampoo, etc, which is what I did. All very reasonably priced I might add.

Piazza Farnese is close to Trastevere - just a bit across Ponte Sisto.

But, this is last ditch choice. You will find a place in your area.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Toiletries in Rome

The Standa supermarket is great for cheap run-of-the-mill stuff like soap, toothpaste and shampoo. Fancy toiletries can be bought at "perfumeries" and some brands at pharmacies.

Go to www.paginegialle.it and put profumerie or farmacie in the first box, Roma in the second and your address in the third. When the page comes up, change rilevanza to distanza to get the closest ones.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
103 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toiletries in Rome

I agree with the post by MomCat1992- check with your host.

Failing that, you would be able to find anything you need in the shopping center beneath Termini station. There is a supermarket, pharmacy, and even a Sephora if you want the more posh end. If you are coming into the city via the Leonardo Express from FCO or another city...all you have to do is go downstairs and find what you need before departing to your hotel/apartment.

rome
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Toiletries in Rome

The Standa supermarkets have all been converted/renamed into Billa, so look out for their ugly red&yellow sign instead of standa.

6. Re: Toiletries in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2010, 05:17