We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome to Catania connection in FCO - is 1 hr enough

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rome to Catania connection in FCO - is 1 hr enough

Hi there, we are traveling from Athens - FCO - CTA (all Alitalia). Expedia has a flight that only leaves 1 hr connection time at FCO. Is that enough time? Thanks in advance for the advice!

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,462 Reviews
from US$81.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
538 Reviews
from US$409.50*
Special Offer
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
11,832 Reviews
from US$60.30*
US$67.00
Likely To Sell Out
Rome Colosseum Underground Chambers...
2,923 Reviews
from US$122.80*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,690 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome to Catania connection in FCO - is 1 hr enough

What is CTA - is that your airport in the US (people don't know all the airport codes - it helps to write it out).

Your flight from Athens may land in a different terminal than the terminal that has flights to the U.S. You need to check with the airline to find out which terminals are involved in that scenario.

One hour is often times not enough time even if it is all in the same terminal. I am assuming that since it is all Alitalia your bags (if you are checking them) will be checked all the way through but you may need to change terminals.

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,494 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome to Catania connection in FCO - is 1 hr enough

I would try for a later flight from Rome www.alitalia.com

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome to Catania connection in FCO - is 1 hr enough

Alitalia flights all use Terminal 1 at FCO. If you are flying ATH-FCO-CTA on the same ticket and your baggage is checked through, you might be all right.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome to Catania connection in FCO - is 1 hr enough

I don't know the airport codes and wish people would write them out, but in this case the subject line makes me suspect that CTA is Catania. If so, you will probably be arriving at Terminal 2 and leaving from Terminal 1. They are adjacent, and usually you don't have to go through security again, so an hour should be enough, unless there is a delay in the arrival of the first flight. If the ticket was sold as a single trip, the connection would be guaranteed, and if you miss the second flight, you'll be put on a later one.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome to Catania connection in FCO - is 1 hr enough

Thanks all for the replies! Sorry for any confusion with airport codes, I thought the subject line made my question clear - obviously it created some confusion. I was referring to traveling from Athens, Greece and arriving at the Rome Fiumicino Airport. At the Rome Fiumicino Airport we would be connecting to travel to the Catania-Fontanarossa Airport. Have a great day.

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
6. Re: Rome to Catania connection in FCO - is 1 hr enough

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2010, 06:18