We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Month to go to Rome & Florence

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cullman, Alabama
Level Contributor
618 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Best Month to go to Rome & Florence

Would love to read some opinons about the best month to go to Rome and Florence in the 2nd half of the year. We are trying to decide which month to go there and September or October look pretty inviting.

Your thoughts?

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
787 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Month to go to Rome & Florence

European school holidays finish mid way through September so any time after that is good.

If its something you take into consideration then the weather will obviously be warmed in September than October.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Month to go to Rome & Florence

Weather- September thru mid October

Wallet (cheaper hotels) August

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
745 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Month to go to Rome & Florence

another vote for Sept/Oct. That is when we always go. Less crowds, not so hot and cheaper. !!

Houston
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Month to go to Rome & Florence

We visited Rome in mid-October. Beautiful weather...sunny and in the hi 60s. One morning of rain, but was gone before 9:00am.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,543 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Month to go to Rome & Florence

I go 3rd week of Sept through first week of Oct - and in Rome it can still be pretty hot as it was last Fall - and, of course, still crowded but that is my favorite time because a little bit later in October and I've wound up with more rain but that is never a predictable thing anyway.

I went to Rome three weeks ago (April 24) and it was, again, pretty warm - cooler in the evenings and really lovely but, again, incredibly crowded until you get off the main tourist spots.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Month to go to Rome & Florence

The one time I went in mid-October, I found it more crowded than my usual time of mid-May. And it rained almost every day, but that is the luck of the draw...

Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Month to go to Rome & Florence

Went the end of October and LOVED it. But I live in FL was very sick of 90 degree weather for 5 months straight. Highs in the mid 60's lows in 50's!

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
11,286 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Month to go to Rome & Florence

October may be the best option. The weather is not so warm but usually pleasant, especially in comparison with the UK. And it has been raining so much in this damn spring 2010 that one can expect a beautiful autumn. On the contrary, September may be really hot, November is grey and rainy, and you have much less daylight (daylight saving time lasts till the end of October).

In cities like Rome and Florence you'll find anyway lots of tourists, but October is usually a bit less crowded than the months from April to September.

9. Re: Best Month to go to Rome & Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2010, 05:38