We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting Croatia in August

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
visiting Croatia in August

We are planning a trip leaving the first week of August to Croatia. We live in Montreal, we were told to fly to Rome Italy and drive to Croatia...any suggestions..thanks

Bettembourg...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting Croatia in August

You should also post this in the Croatia forum to get input from both ends.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
787 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting Croatia in August

Am just wondering if you are planning to spend some time in Italy as well ... is that the reason for flying into Italy?

Why not take a flight directly into Croatia - Zagreb or Dubrovnik? If the flights are too expensive from Montreal, maybe you could fly into say Milan and take a low cost airline to Dubrovnik - you can still get fares from around 60 euros in the first week of August with Easyjet (they fly every second day or thereabouts).

You will have to pay for car hire from Italy (possibly get permission from your rental company to take the vehicle into Croatia), obviously petrol costs and ferry crossings which are presumably going to be fairly expensive in high season (August).

I am going to Croatia in July and have arranged a rental car in Dubrovnik - the prices are comparable with Italy, which is where I'll be before my Croatia holiday. We have decided to fly because it works out cheaper to fly (and takes much less time).

I can't see how it would be cheaper to fly into Rome and trek across the country and then ferry to Croatia and do it all over again at the end of your stay in Croatia. Maybe others know something ...

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visiting Croatia in August

I flew from Venice to Dubrovnik and then rented a car at the airport

4. Re: visiting Croatia in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2010, 05:18