I just returned from a wonderful vacation in Rome and Florence. I made my reservations Rome Sweet Home. I should have known I was off to a bad start when they made me wait an hour on the street with my bags to get into the condo (after 20 hours of travel, mind you), they downright deceived me.
Here is what was advertised on the web: romesweethome.com/apartments-rental/rome/spa…
"This a charming, quiet apartment at few steps from Spanish Steps. It has a large living room with a double sofa bed and with large windows overlooking Via della Croce. The bedroom offers plenty of closet space and the dining area has a table that unfolds to seat up to 8 people. There are two double bedrooms with king size bed and one double bedroom with twin beds ,two bathrooms with bathtub and shower."
The ONLY truth in this description is that it is a few steps from the Spanish Steps and that the bedroom has a king size bed with plenty of closet space.
1. It is not quiet: the courtyard overlooks a noisy kitchen that starts blaring music and banging pots around 7:00am and keeps going with loud conversations through almost midnight.
2. It does not have a living room at all and there is no room that looks like anything in the photos.
3. There are no large windows overlooking Via della Croce.
4. There is no dining area or dining table that unfolds to seat 8. There is a small square table in the kitchen that seats 3.
5. There is ONE bedroom with a king size bed, not two. The one double bedroom with twin beds is not a bedroom at all, but a room with two beds. This is a room between the front door and the back of the apartment where the bathroom and kitchen are. Anyone sleeping in this room will not agree that this is a bedroom in any sense of the word since anyone that needs to go to the bathroom will have to go through this "bedroom". It is simply a room with two beds.
6. There is ONE bathroom, not two.
7. There is NO tub, just a tiny shower.
That is a lot of deception in one short paragraph.
Also advertised were the following amenities:
--Air conditioning: Yes there was an air conditioner, but there was no remote control to access it.
--Sat TV: nonexistent
--Lift: yes, there was a lift
--Washing Machine: yes, there was a washing machine
I have stayed in many short-term self service apartments like this around the world and I have NEVER had to purchase basic amenities such as soap and toilet paper. Who would expect to have to bring toilet paper and soap for a 4 night stay?
I have written to them twice but they have not responded.