We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Leonardo da Vinci, worst airport in europe.

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
183 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Leonardo da Vinci, worst airport in europe.

rude personell, no information, practically no transportation between T5 and T1 (it will stop in T3 then walk!) the 'shuttle' between T3 and T5 is a joke, an old bus that leaves when it is full and i mean FULL so you cant breath) - continuously changing gates without notice, this airport is not worthy of a european capital city. it is a disgrace and a nightmare.

Taylorsville, Utah
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Leonardo da Vinci, worst airport in europe.

I can't claim to know them all, but Da Vinci was okay as far as I am concerned. Charles De Gaulle was another story. I hated it.

Mykonos, Greece
Level Contributor
549 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Leonardo da Vinci, worst airport in europe.

CDG is worse / worst on the planet!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
183 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Leonardo da Vinci, worst airport in europe.

i dont agree. CDG is horrendous and French are not known for their friendliness, but the disservice of Fiumicino airport is unbelieveble and far worse. after all there is a shuttle service between terminals in CDG.

Taylorsville, Utah
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Leonardo da Vinci, worst airport in europe.

De Gaulle was cold, had hard seats, boring shops and not very many of them. It was hard to get around and the staff was rude and extremely unhelpful. I was stuck there for 6 hours and it was awful. At least Fiumicino had padded seats and interesting shops.There were places to get a snack and restrooms in close proximity. They were also very helpful in getting me a flight even though I was traveling on a buddy pass.

rome
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Leonardo da Vinci, worst airport in europe.

No, no: Heatrow was a nightmare, CDG quite confusing

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
183 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Leonardo da Vinci, worst airport in europe.

again, heathrow and CDG good number 2 and 3. Fiumicino has the rudest less helpful personell in europe. we got stuck there 9 hours because of the vulcano new eruption. in line. the personell from KLM and Airfrance (SHAME on both) consisted of 2 people for 500 stranded passengers. literally 9 hours of queuing for getting our tickets changed. this is KLM and AIRFRANCE horrendous 'service'. but the personell in fiumicino did not provide us with one single glass of water during the excruciating waiting time. i have travelled through fiumicino in the old days (i AM from rome) and it was bad enough. now it is a nightmare. yes, shops they do have (after all the only thing that counts is getting money out of the people that have the misfortune of travelling there). but WHERE in europe do you have to WALK to a bus to board a plane, where on europe do they stuff the bus and let you wait 20 minutes with doors closed before taking you to the plane? this has happened to me at least 10 times in fiumicino. they treat passangers like cattle.

Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Leonardo da Vinci, worst airport in europe.

That sounds horrible, I have not yet had the pleasure of Fiumicino airport but will be there in August I arrive in T2 and need to get to T3 to catch a connecting flight and only have about a hour, so don't like the sound of getting stuck in a bus for 20 mins, could anyone tell me if I can walk between T2 and T3 and how long it would take.

Thank you :)

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Leonardo da Vinci, worst airport in europe.

You can walk from T2 to T3 in five minutes or less, particularly if you head outside and use the sidewalk rather than taking the escalators. But if the two flights are not on the same ticket and your luggage is not checked through, an hour is cutting it fine.

Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Leonardo da Vinci, worst airport in europe.

Thanks Zerlina

relieved to hear its a short walk, but the flights are not on the same ticket, I've got just over a hour so I guess I'll be praying..

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
183 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Leonardo da Vinci, worst airport in europe.

hello. as long as you dont have to go to T5 you can walk the short distance. but if you have two different tickets you will have to do the check in again at T3. good luck! maybe you have more luck than we had.the shuttle is horrible from t3 to t5. but when i said stuck in a bus for 20 minutes i was referring to the bus taking you to the plane when you board the plane (if you are disabled.....they MIGHT help you, if you find out how to get help - even fluent italian is not of great help).

Edited: 19 May 2010, 11:19