We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast near Piazza Navona

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
107 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast near Piazza Navona

Staying in an apartment near Piazza Navona. Any suggestions from my favorite TA friends on what to do for breakfast???? Markets? Cafes????

GRAZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Piazza Navona
Piazza Navona
31,350 Reviews
Rome, Italy
The Loft
££ - £££, Italian, Brew Pub, Fast food
Trecaffe'
£, Italian, Cafe, Deli
D'Angelo - Gastronomia Caffe
£, Italian, Cafe, Gastropub
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast near Piazza Navona

If you want an Italian-style breakfast, go to a bar and get a cappuccino and a pastry. It may cost more to consume it seated at a table than standing at the bar. In the Piazza Navona area, it's also easy to find places offering American-style or northern-European-style breakfasts.Or buy your favorite breakfast cereal at a grocer and eat it at your apartment.

Mentioned in this post
Piazza Navona
Piazza Navona
31,350 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Florida
Level Contributor
82 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast near Piazza Navona

Go to Campo dei Fiori during the week and see the big open air market with lots of vendors in the piazza selling everything from wine to murano glass. It's only 5-8 mins. from Piazza Navona. No open air market on weekends, but still fun. Lots of cafes, gelaterias, people watching. On evenings and weekends the piazza is a bustling center for socializing.

Edited: 04 June 2010, 14:13
Mentioned in this post
Piazza Navona
Piazza Navona
31,350 Reviews
Rome, Italy
rome
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast near Piazza Navona

Campo dei Fiori market is open on saturdays as well. Only sundays closed.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Fiori
Hotel Fiori
282 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast near Piazza Navona

bvlenci or others, do you know of a reasonable place to get an American or English breakfast? I've only done it a couple times in three years, and never for less than €20-25 which is a little excessive.

rome
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast near Piazza Navona

don't have the time to search right now, but within the last two months there was an american breakfast around campo dei fiori topic that I have answered extensively, that should be a start for you....

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast near Piazza Navona

I've never wanted an American breakfast, but I've seen signs for them in many places where tourists are thick on the ground, for example, around Campo de' Fiori. They usually have the prices displayed and I don't remember seeing anything as expensive as what you've seen.

Mentioned in this post
Campo de' Fiori
Campo de' Fiori
3,019 Reviews
Rome, Italy
7. Re: Breakfast near Piazza Navona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2010, 06:24