We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle Bus from Airport to Termini Station- anyone use this

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. George, Utah
Level Contributor
117 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle Bus from Airport to Termini Station- anyone use this

Hi! I found this shuttle bus which goes from the airport in Rome (FCO) to Termini Station "A/R Fiumicino Airport<>Termini Station - Euro 15,00" I don't see any other information on where to find this bus. Has anyone used this? Seems less daunting than the train. Thanks!

www.sitbusshuttle.it/index.php…

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,034 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle Bus from Airport to Termini Station- anyone use this

I have used the Sitbus many times with no problem, not from FCO though, I use Ciampino, they use the same stop at Termini ( Via Marsala). the bus that went before mine seemed fairly full.

Edited: 07 June 2010, 20:13
rome
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle Bus from Airport to Termini Station- anyone use this

sitbusshuttle has been discussed and recommended many times at least since october last year. Do a search of the forums and you'll find all relevant information.

Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle Bus from Airport to Termini Station- anyone use this

The train is not daunting at all. You sort of stumble upon the platform as you come out of the arrivals terminal. There's a ticket booth right there, you validate your ticket, get on the train, and have a super relaxing ride into the city. For your return ticket, just stop by a newsstand in Termini. I'd recommend it. Trains every 30 minutes.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle Bus from Airport to Termini Station- anyone use this

The Sitbus is much cheaper than the train, although the trip will take longer from FCO toTermini on the bus versus the train. At only E8, it's a deal and we ride the Sitbus often to the Cavour stop...in fact, we're heading out to FCO Satuday AM and will ride the Sitbus. This link may also provide some info: http://tinyurl.com/SITBus

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,152 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle Bus from Airport to Termini Station- anyone use this

"At only E8, it's a deal and we ride the Sitbus often to the Cavour "

Isn't the FR/FM-1 to Trastevere/ostiense about 8 euro also?

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle Bus from Airport to Termini Station- anyone use this

Yep, it is - but we're headed to Cavour so we ride the bus (much easier than trying to go through Trastevere or Ostiense for us) ...and the poster is headed to Termini... so they'd could ride the H bus from Trastevere...or the B line from Piramide...but after a long trip acrossthe pond I always tell my friends to take the least connections into Rome---- which sometimes means a taxi :) .

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,152 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shuttle Bus from Airport to Termini Station- anyone use this

I can't remember, but is the Piramide Metro stop above ground? I remember that as you go further out the Metro runs above ground.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
145 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shuttle Bus from Airport to Termini Station- anyone use this

Hi!

As mentioned by BrianaUSA, the price from FCO is 15 Euro which is more than the train. I would recommend the train.

regards

Sundeep

rome
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Shuttle Bus from Airport to Termini Station- anyone use this

Sundeep, you consistently give wrong information on these forums. The bus is 8 euros one way and 15 euros return (meaning 2 ways) and thus a lot cheaper than the train at 14 one way, 28 return.

If one is trying to get to piazza cavour (which I often do) or Prati in general and even some historic center areas, the bus is the better way to get there. As mentioned, if trying to go to termini, it does take longer, but depending on the savings one wants to make, can be a good alternative to the train.

10. Re: Shuttle Bus from Airport to Termini Station- anyone use this

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2010, 06:25