We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fresh pasta?

Level Contributor
669 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Fresh pasta?

I am coming to Rome for 2 weeks in November and have rented an apartment so I can do some of my own cooking. We are staying near Campo de Fiori and am wondering if fresh pasta will be sold there or at a nearby store. Thanks!

Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,176 Reviews
from US$78.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
533 Reviews
from US$413.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Rome Colosseum Underground Chambers...
2,873 Reviews
from US$123.90*
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
11,697 Reviews
from US$59.70*
Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fresh pasta?

There is a store on Via Della Croce that sells fresh pasta. I am sure there is one near your apartment.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fresh pasta?

If you cross the river on Ponte Sisto you could go to Sorelle Piras, in via del Moro, they have excellent pasta fresca, and it's 10 min from Campo dei Fiori. For bread, there is a bakery in piazza Campo dei Fiori, but an even better one is Roscioli in via della Chiave, and Roscioli in via dei Giubbonari for prosciutto, cheese and wines (salumeriaroscioli.com/Roscioli_Eng/homepage_…)

check it out!

I'm sure someone else will jump in with more suggestions

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fresh pasta?

Do you have a recomendation for a resturant with killer pasta?

Something simple and local?

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fresh pasta?

99.9% of the restaurants have pasta on the menu. It is usually the one item on the menu where you can't go wrong.

Level Contributor
2,235 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fresh pasta?

roscioli is not on via chiave but Chiavari.

Edited: 11 August 2010, 17:36
6. Re: Fresh pasta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2011, 05:18