We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Rivers Fountain in Piazza Navona

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Four Rivers Fountain in Piazza Navona

Hi all -

Can anyone tell me if the restoration of this fountain is completed? It was covered when we were last there in 2007. And in some photos I see the plywood. Are these older photos? Or is it still behind plywood?

Thanks!

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,298 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Rivers Fountain in Piazza Navona

Yes, the renovation was completed some time in December. Have a good look at it when you're there.

rome
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Rivers Fountain in Piazza Navona

it was free for a short time in december and then got scaffolded again - but since the end of may free again:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k36438…

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
997 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Rivers Fountain in Piazza Navona

Actually, it was not scaffolded when we were there May 13-20. Beautiful!

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Four Rivers Fountain in Piazza Navona

Excellent! Thank you so much. I do enjoy this fountain more than any other. I'm looking forward to seeing it again in all its glory!

Pompano Beach, FL
Level Contributor
66 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Four Rivers Fountain in Piazza Navona

Thanks all for your replies. I was in Rome for the first time about two years ago in November and the fountain had scaffolding around it and was quite disappointed not to see it running. Glad to hear the scaffolding has been removed because I'm planning on returning to Rome for 4 night in the beginning of December and looking forward to seeing it in all its glory! Thanks!

6. Re: Four Rivers Fountain in Piazza Navona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2010, 05:16