We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World Cup: final weekend in Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
florida
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
World Cup: final weekend in Rome

We'll be in Rome post-cruise, July 10,11,12. I'll be grateful if someone can give me a good sense of what sites may be closed during the period. E.g. are certain streets or plazas closed off? Will it be possible to stroll the Borghese gardens, or will enormous crowds in the area likely change that usually restful experience? Will it be difficult to get around the city? only parts of the city? I imagine that the answer might in part connect to whether Italia is in the finals?

I'm trying to plan in advance, so any help is greatly appreciated.

rome
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: World Cup: final weekend in Rome

No sites will be closed. The biggest public viewing area is in the Borghese Gardens (Piazza Siena), but the gardens will be open as usual, of course maybe with a bit more "traffic" than usual. Expect to see and feel anything in the city only if Italy wins the finals - then there will be partying everywhere that night.

2. Re: World Cup: final weekend in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2010, 07:35