We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rome cavalieri to Concert at Sant'Andrea Church (gallicano?)

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
long beach
Level Contributor
121 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
rome cavalieri to Concert at Sant'Andrea Church (gallicano?)

we will be staying at the rome cavalieri and need to travel to

Sant'Andrea Church, (within the town's (Gallicano) festival

http://www.gallicano.comnet.roma.it/portal/page)

my daughter is singing in a choir at that church...i have no idea in regard to the best way go get there.....the concert is at 7pm

(there will be 3 of us on the way up and 4 on the way back

can someone give me some advice...thanks

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,878 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rome cavalieri to Concert at Sant'Andrea Church (gallicano?)

If you're talking about the town of Gallicano you have to take the train. You can check the trenitalia website for schedules and fares. The trip will take about 4 hours and cost 51 euros each for the fast train.

You can take the shuttle to the P. Barberini and then walk to the termini or take a cab from the hotel directly to the termini.

Donna

long beach
Level Contributor
121 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rome cavalieri to Concert at Sant'Andrea Church (gallicano?)

thanks again donna...yup..i think it's the same place....don't know if we can make it

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,878 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rome cavalieri to Concert at Sant'Andrea Church (gallicano?)

Isn't she singing in Rome also? If so, you may just want to wait until she gets there to see her sing and meet up with her. You'd probably have to do an overnight if you went to Gallicano since it's 4 hours each way. It's doable but you might not want to spend the time or money traveling.

Donna

long beach
Level Contributor
121 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rome cavalieri to Concert at Sant'Andrea Church (gallicano?)

yes..she's also singing at the vatican....we were going to go to both performances, but it would be too hectic....

think we'll just see the rome one..thanks again

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rome cavalieri to Concert at Sant'Andrea Church (gallicano?)

Are you sure you're talking about the same Gallicano? There is a Gallicano nel Lazio which has a church called San'Andrea. This small town seems to be only 35 kms from Rome so I shouldn't think it would take 4 hours to get there. Maybe a car, something like Romecabs would be the way to go.

Edited: 26 June 2010, 12:05
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,878 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rome cavalieri to Concert at Sant'Andrea Church (gallicano?)

The gallicano I got from trenitalia was past Lucca. Maybe the one your daughter is singing in is the closer one, Gallicano nel Lazio. It is between Tivoli and Zagarolo. From the termini station you could take the FR6 bus to Zagarolo and then take a cab. It's about 5.5 miles from Zagarolo to gallicano nel Lazio. The whole trip is about 32 miles from the termini to the center of gallicano nel lazio. From there just walk to the church.

Sorry for the misunderstanding with Gallicano and Gallicano nel Lazio.

Donna

Edited: 26 June 2010, 13:26
7. Re: rome cavalieri to Concert at Sant'Andrea Church (gallicano?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2010, 06:22