We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome Fiumicino Airport - Easy Jet (A BAD EXPERIENCE)

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rome Fiumicino Airport - Easy Jet (A BAD EXPERIENCE)

Saturday 26 June. from Athens to Rome.

We're waiting for 1 HOUR!!! (yeah!, its true) to take our luggages. There was not our flight in the baggage information table and there was a announcement after 40 minutes!

Wednesday 30 June, from Rome to Athens

We are waiting for 40 minutes for check-in. There was only one employee for all flights check-in (London,Amsterdam,Madrid and Athens) . Your responsible employee was very unkind. It was also a change for the gate without announcement and we are looking for the right gate for 15 minutes.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome Fiumicino Airport - Easy Jet (A BAD EXPERIENCE)

Sorry to hear of you bad experience but if that's the worst you had to deal with count yourself lucky. This is not just with EasyJet but with most airlines.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,525 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome Fiumicino Airport - Easy Jet (A BAD EXPERIENCE)

Yeah, getting your checked bags can take awhile - it is a busy airport. My experience with EasyJet was pretty okay (Rome to Milan) - check in was a breeze but they then changed gates without notice (something I'm just getting used to since they all seem to do it more often) and the flight was delayed but not because of anything to do with EasyJet.

I had a fine experience with EasyJet (Milan to Naples) - easy check in and on time departure. You just never know from one day to the next.

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
2 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome Fiumicino Airport - Easy Jet (A BAD EXPERIENCE)

queued for 2 and a half hours at gatwick airport to get boarding cards for the flight to rome, the queue was for all easyjet flights leaving gatwick, it was a total shambles, just got on plane in time.

wont ever fly with easyjet ever again!!

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome Fiumicino Airport - Easy Jet (A BAD EXPERIENCE)

My first two experiences with Easyjet were good.

But the most recent one didn't go so well. I had paid/purchased online for the extra baggage. But before boarding, the Easyjet employee made me put my purse into my luggage, (so that I bring in only one) even after I'd repeatedly told her and shown her my ticket printout. She said "Put your purse into your bad, then I'll let you in..."

She was making other people do that too.

Even though we paid for an extra bag, Easyjet made us bring in only one. She didn't want to make the effort to allow us to check-in our bags.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,135 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome Fiumicino Airport - Easy Jet (A BAD EXPERIENCE)

Vteotl

This is standard practice on easyjet and other lowcost airlines, you paid for your checked in luggage to go in the HOLD, only one piece of hand luggage on the plane, this would have been read on the terms of booking, they were not just singling you out.

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome Fiumicino Airport - Easy Jet (A BAD EXPERIENCE)

Like jessybobs has said,only one piece of hand luggage allowed & that is standard practice with Easyjet,Ryanair & many other airlines.From the Easyjet website

easyJet allows:

ONE BAG ONLY

one piece of hand luggage to maximum dimensions of 56x45x25cm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Information Update

A ladies hand bag or laptop case is counted as one piece of hand

baggage and no other hand baggage will be allowed onboard

…custhelp.com/app/…1

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rome Fiumicino Airport - Easy Jet (A BAD EXPERIENCE)

Yes, I understand the one-piece only policy, and I know that I wasn't being singled out. As I'd said, everyone else was told to do that.

But since I paid for the extra piece, I thought I should be able to check in my carry-on luggage and bring only my purse into the plane with me. But the employee wouldn't allow me to check-in my carry-on luggage.

Did I misunderstand the policy?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,484 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rome Fiumicino Airport - Easy Jet (A BAD EXPERIENCE)

That is odd. If you had paid for an extra piece of luggage, you should have been able to check in your hold baggage.

Normally, always leave enough room in your cabin baggage to put your purse/handbag inside before boarding, to meet the rules. Unless you want to be forced to put it in the hold baggage. On the upside, Easyjet is unusual for low-cost airlines as it has no weight limit for cabin baggage (as long as you can lift it yourself). So you can stuff it full of smaller heavy items.

There is also rarely any need to line up/queue for check-in with Easyjet if you have regular baggage. Again unusually, you can check-in online up to sixty days in advance, more than enough for most people to check in for their return flight well before they even start their vacation.

Edited: 01 July 2010, 00:26
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,484 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Rome Fiumicino Airport - Easy Jet (A BAD EXPERIENCE)

Check in carry-on, I meant!

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rome Fiumicino Airport - Easy Jet (A BAD EXPERIENCE)

When you said "Hold luggage" did you mean check-in?

My carry-on is barely 8 kg, so perhaps next time, I should stuff my purse into my carry-on, (this is considered as one-pc) and avoid the extra fee I paid.