We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noianti Festival in Trastevere

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Noianti Festival in Trastevere

Hello! I will be traveling to Rome at the end of my 2 week trip through Europe. We will be in Rome from July 22 - 25 and are staying in the Trastevere area. I have heard that the Noianti Festival is near the end of July, but can't seem to find any specific information. Does anyone know about this festival?

Thanks so much!

rome
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Noianti Festival in Trastevere

The festa de noantri (notice spelling), or rather the big event of this 2 week fest, the procession, falls on the 17th this year.

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noianti Festival in Trastevere

Wine_gal_Rome -

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Is it true that there are 2 processions? One at the beginning of the celebration and one at the end? Is the one on July 17th the end or the beginning?

Thanks again!

Edited: 07 July 2010, 22:24
rome
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Noianti Festival in Trastevere

if you google with the correct name, you'll find a bunch of information.

The procession I mentioned is almost the beginning. On the (early) morning of the 26th there is the "re-entry procession", (the end) but you are missing that as well.

What you can see is the river procession, processione madonna fiumarola on the evening of the 25th. see some pics here: http://www.romeartlover.it/Noantri.html note that the info here is not too accurate/uptodate, for this years hours and locations see www.festadenoantri.it/festadenoantri.html (terrible site, click on "eventi" to see the days and hours)

new york city
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Noianti Festival in Trastevere

hi does this festival go on from the 17th - 25th? if i go and visit will there be booths set up in the area? or is the festival just on the 17th & 25th?

rome
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Noianti Festival in Trastevere

aries, reading attentively, following the links I provided and googling will help you with all your questions.

6. Re: Noianti Festival in Trastevere

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2011, 05:18