We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Marinella beach from Rome

NYC
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Marinella beach from Rome

Hello - I was looking for advice regarding a day trip to Santa Marinella beach from Rome. I hear it is close to the train station, which is what I need.... do I need to bring towels? are there places to eat lunch?

rome
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Marinella beach from Rome

There are a lot of places to eat lunch, but if you want a really good fish meal, go to Isola della pescatore, on the southern end of the town/beach, close to the castle.

Towel? if you need it, you have to bring it? don't understand the question....

NYC
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Marinella beach from Rome

Thank you. Yes my question is - if I need a towel, I need to bring it with me, yes? There is no place to get towels? Also the beach is nice and very close to the train station, yes? I'm just trying to go to a nice beach that is very easy to get to from Trastevere by train....

rome
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Marinella beach from Rome

I have never been there by train, so please check the trenitalia site to see what kind of connections there are, but on the map I can see a train station, yes. And the beach is nice (but crowded), avoid sunday.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,090 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Marinella beach from Rome

There are trains at 09 and 39 past the hour from Termini ( a few minutes later from Trastevere), taking a hour to get to Santa Marinella and costing €4.10.

NYC
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Marinella beach from Rome

Thank you. I'll be leaving from the Trastevere station. Is it relatively easy to figure out the train once at the station? I don't speak Italian, sadly.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,090 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santa Marinella beach from Rome

Get a printout from the Trenitalia site, showing the train numbers. There will be displays at the station showing, for the next few trains, the departure time, the final destination, the train number, and the platform (binario) that will be used.

7. Re: Santa Marinella beach from Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2011, 07:32