We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sounds and Visions of Caravaggio

california
Level Contributor
463 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Sounds and Visions of Caravaggio

Has anybody seen this musical performance in Rome--Venue: Palazzo Doria Pamphilj, Sala del Trono

RomeConcerts
Concerts, Operas, Performances
Gruppo Storico Romano
Performances, Speciality Museums
Opera in Roma
Performances, Ballets, Concerts, Operas
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sounds and Visions of Caravaggio

Wow, that sounds interesting but sorry, no, I've never been there.

Interestingly, I couldn't find this on the Galleria Doria Pamphilj website, only by googling and find a website that sells tickets to classical music concerts.

(Could I suggest that you ask this question again here, this time putting Doria Pamphilj in the title?)

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sounds and Visions of Caravaggio

I haven't been, but it seems to be more of a guided tour of the Galleria Doria Pamphilj with a brief musical interlude than a concert or show. The setting is as interesting as the music is likely to be.

romaoperaomnia.com/en/…

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sounds and Visions of Caravaggio

Only a thought but, in a discussion of the photos provided by rental apartments, a wise woman here offered the advice that if they don't show something, then it probably isn't there....

And, in this case, none of the several foreign versions of that Opera Omnia site appears to say that the art historian leading the tour which precedes the concert will 'perform' in that language.

Indeed, the main Doria Pamphilj site is only in Italian...

dopart.it/roma/suoni-e-visioni-di-caravaggio/

(Very nice music it has though!)

If one's interest is solely in the music then that may not matter - otherwise, for those without Italian, it might detract from the overall experience?

The audio guide provided on our visit to the Palazzo had been recorded in perfect English by one of the male family members and was probably the best we've ever heard, so we've several times recommended it to friends as a not-to-be-missed alternative to the 'colder' state-run museums and collections.

Peter

4. Re: Sounds and Visions of Caravaggio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2011, 06:16