We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is open on Sunday with the ticketed entry?

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
What is open on Sunday with the ticketed entry?

I would not like to participate in a Free Last Sunday of the month Admission events as it is really just a waste of our valuable time in Rome to stand a few hours in a long line/being packed inside being unable to enjoy the viewing, so I am trying to build an itinerary for the last Sunday in August which just happened to be the first day of the trip...

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is open on Sunday with the ticketed entry?

OK, I realized already that there is a free Sunday adm. to Vatican only (??) and there is no problem with the most of the places that are closed on Monday, so it looks like we can go to Vatican on Monday and Borghese/Leonardo da Vinci Museum on Sunday. Anything else that is convenient to see while there in that area?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
34,294 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is open on Sunday with the ticketed entry?

The Borghese gallery is sort of off on it's own. You may want to see the colosseum area on Sunday as they close the main street to vehicle traffic.

donna

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,039 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is open on Sunday with the ticketed entry?

I hope you are going to prebuy tickets online to the vatican for Monday. if you do not the line is extra long on Monday becaseu so many other Museuems are closed.

rome
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What is open on Sunday with the ticketed entry?

This past monday a guest of mine joined the line for the Vatican museums at 9 am and left it at 10:45 as she hadn't even made it around the corner yet.

ottawa ont.
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is open on Sunday with the ticketed entry?

Hello.. We are going to Rome in September and where wondering if it would be wise to buy our tickets to the Vatican before hand?

Just wondering if the lines will be as bad then, as they are now?

Thanks

Deb

6. Re: What is open on Sunday with the ticketed entry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2011, 06:18