We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castel Sant'Angelo

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,619 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Castel Sant'Angelo

New areas open and late night visits

www.wantedinrome.com/news/news.php?id_n=7258

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,332 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castel Sant'Angelo

This is what I always wanted to see

Passetto di Borgo

I hope that this stays open for a while. I don't think I can get to rome befreo Feb

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,619 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Castel Sant'Angelo

Me too! From the way I read it, the Passetto is open year round, but must be booked in advance. The night opening is from 16 July to 4 September. I'm going to try and book for my visit in October this year. I'll report back!

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,332 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Castel Sant'Angelo

"the Passetto is open year round, but must be booked in advance"

I gues you call

Visits to the Passetto di Borgo must be booked in advance, tel. 0632810. Call centre 06399967600.

Edited: 14 July 2010, 16:29
4. Re: Castel Sant'Angelo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 July 2010, 18:38
ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Castel Sant'Angelo

Oooops... According to its website, The "Nights at the Terrace" have not been authorized this year: http://www.castelsantangelo.com/index.asp And, concerning the new areas open, there is nothing on the web.

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Castel Sant'Angelo

But, but... all the information about the night visits can be found here -sorry, only in Italian: galleriaborghese.it/docs/comunicato_castel_s…

I wonder why the information about the Castel Sant'Angelo is not available in its own website... =(

Mentioned in this post
Castel Sant'Angelo Inn
Castel Sant'Angelo Inn
477 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Castel Sant'Angelo

>>I wonder why the information about the Castel Sant'Angelo is not available in its own website... =(<<

Because Italian Web sites are not updated nearly often enough and because what *should* be called Polo Museale Romano (see Polo Museale Fiorentino) is - stupidly, in my opinion - called Galleria Borghese.

For the most regularly updated information, look at www.060608.it - the Italian version; the English version is often lacking. Surprisingly, though, the Passetto information is also there in English:

060608.it/en/…il-passetto-di-borgo.html

Mentioned in this post
Galleria Borghese
Galleria Borghese
14,469 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Castel Sant'Angelo Inn
Castel Sant'Angelo Inn
477 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Castel Sant'Angelo

Maybe this will help explain summer hours:

http://romewithkids.blogspot.com/

The second post is about Castel Sant'Angelo.

Mentioned in this post
Castel Sant'Angelo Inn
Castel Sant'Angelo Inn
477 Reviews
Rome, Italy
ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Castel Sant'Angelo

Interesting and helpful answers!! Thank you both!! Looking forward to enjoying "Il Giardino degli Aranci"... gorgeous!!

SoCal
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Castel Sant'Angelo

Has anyone heard about openings after the summer "special opening" time period? Specifically, we are in Rome the week of 17-23 October and would be interested in viewing the passageway if it is open. I have not been able to find anything other than the 16 July-4 September operating hours, so I am wondering if it will be closed after 4 September or if they just have a reduced operating schedule.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy