We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Colisseum

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brazil
Level Contributor
68 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Colisseum

Is a Hotel near the Coloseum, a good place to stay?

I´m looking for restaurants, shops and some small pubs too.

In the morning walking to the wonderful places that only Rome have.

So, is Via Marco Aurelio, near Coloseum, a good option?

rome
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Colisseum

a great area for small restaurants and bars, close to most things (though not in the middle of the town), definitely an area I would suggest.

Brazil
Level Contributor
68 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Colisseum

Thanks WineGal for you answer.

This is my first time in Rome, so I´m a little bit lost. There are too many options of hotel in Rome.

So I found one hotel that fit my pocket and my taste, the hotel romance.

But I´m still searching in order to see if it is a good location.

thanks

san jose, ca
Level Contributor
180 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Colisseum

Yes it is. We( a family of four with two teenagers) stayed at Arena House on that same street. Arena house is extremely wonderful. Highly recommend it. I did a hotel review of this place on Trip advisor.

The place is undr 5 minute walk to Colesseum. There is a bus stop close to the hotel(which we took to go around the city), metro station. Lots of restaurants few steps away.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Colisseum

I have stayed at Hotel Capo d' Africa near the Colosseum 4 times and really enjoy the laid back neighborhood. It is not packed with tourists, public transport is easy and there are good options for dining within 5-15 minutes.

I would stay there again absolutely.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,155 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Colisseum

This neighborhood is the Celio. I styed fro 10 days in an apt near Via Marco Aurelio and Vai Celimontana. Green house on this map

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

This was a quiet neighborhood with lots of bakeries, food stores and restaurants. the Colosseeum is a hub for bus, Metro and tram transprot to all over Rome. There are a lot of neat early Christian churches in the neighborhood also.

Shops for merchandise were on the below average side.

You can easily walk to all th Ancient Rome sights easily and public transport to the others is good. Zoom out on the amop to see where the Pantheon (violet donut) and Piazza Navona (green horseman) are.

6. Re: Hotel near Colisseum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2011, 08:21