We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Venice from Rome airport

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
3 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Train to Venice from Rome airport

Can I take a fast train from the train station at the Rome airport to Venice and do I have to prepurchase tickets? What website should I go to for the tickets?

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,072 reviews
from US$76.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
531 reviews
from US$413.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,853 reviews
from US$123.90*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,650 reviews
from US$57.40*
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Venice from Rome airport

You'll have to take the train from the airport to Termini train station to hook up with the train you need. See trenitalia Web site.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,852 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to Venice from Rome airport

You will need to get to Termini station in Rome to take your train to Venice. You can take a taxi to the station in Rome from FCO (airport) 40 euros flat rate or the Leonardo Express train for 14 euros per person - the train takes about 30 minutes to Rome. You can buy your ticket for the Leonardo Express and your tickets to Venice while at the airport but there is no direct train from there to Venice.

Go to Trenitalia website - it is the train system for Italy. You will be able to see the schedules, prices, etc but you will not be able to buy your tickets on line with a U.S. credit card - you will have to buy them there, which you will have trouble doing.

Leave enough time between the time you arrive at Termini station because if you use the train from the airport, it leaves you at a far end of Termini that will then take you about 20 minutes to walk from to get to the main part of the station that has the tracks for trains to other cities - such as Venice.

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to Venice from Rome airport

I think that MomCat's posting meant to say: "You will have to buy them there, which you will NOT have trouble doing"

Edited: 01 August 2010, 01:14
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,852 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train to Venice from Rome airport

Oops - that's right - I did mean you will not have trouble. Sorry.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
3 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train to Venice from Rome airport

Thank you all for your help! My husband and I are going in September and we are so excited! I have choosen hotels and tours in Venice, Siena and Rome based on the great advice from all of you!!! I am a retired flight attendant and I wish this had been around when I was traveling!!

6. Re: Train to Venice from Rome airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 06:17