We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What can we do in 3N/2.5D in Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
afghanistan
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
What can we do in 3N/2.5D in Rome

Please help me/my wife to plan a 2.5 days of stay in Rome. We have 3 nights, arriving 29 Sept morning from Paris (won't be tired) and leaving Rome on 2nd morning.

Appreciate anyone's advice to provide us a sequential list of things to do in this short stay. I would loved to visit Sorrento area, but time might be bit too less for us.

Thank you in advance

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,864 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What can we do in 3N/2.5D in Rome

No one can answer this unless you tell us what you want to do. If you have a list of sites you are interested in we can help you put them in order but for us to tell you what we think you should see is a waste of your time and ours if we don't like the same things. Grab a guide book and make a list. Also, let us know where your hotel is so we can help you make a sensible itinerary.

donna

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What can we do in 3N/2.5D in Rome

You could do worse than pick a selection for your amount of time from Roma Turismo's itineraries:

…turismoroma.it/scoprire_roma/roma_in_quattr…

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
379 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What can we do in 3N/2.5D in Rome

For me that time frame wouldn't allow a trip to Sorrento but like dbabe said, you're the one who knows what you want to see. So what do you like? Archaeological sites? Religious places? Museums?

afghanistan
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What can we do in 3N/2.5D in Rome

That is why my question. If I knew all the places and where to go, I won't have posted my question here.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,864 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What can we do in 3N/2.5D in Rome

Why did you choose to visit Rome? There must be something that is drawing you to the city.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
379 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What can we do in 3N/2.5D in Rome

If you're really not sure then you might want to consider zerlina's posted link. That probably is the best that someone could recommend without getting really specific.

edit: from zerlina's link:

MORNING

Ancient Rome:

A: Colosseum,

B: Roman Forum,

C: Piazza del Campidoglio,

D: Pantheon.

AFTERNOON

Walk through the historical centre:

E: Piazza Navona,

F: Trevi Fountain,

G: Piazza di Spagna.

That's a great day right there. You could do a lot worse, in my opinion.

Edited: 15 August 2010, 16:11
Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What can we do in 3N/2.5D in Rome

Read the itineraries post on the right side of this page. That will give you some ideas of what you might like to see. Then the folks here can help you narrowing it down and ideas on schedule.

Safe Travels!

8. Re: What can we do in 3N/2.5D in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2011, 07:16