We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roma Pass - Most bang for my buck on 2 free sites

Irving, TX
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Roma Pass - Most bang for my buck on 2 free sites

I will be purchasing the Roma Pass and would like to know where I will get the most bang for my buck since I will get entry to 2 free museums or archaeological sites. Thank you!

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Roma Pass - Most bang for my buck on 2 free sites

The Roman Forum/Colosseum/Palatine Hill combo and the Capitoline Museums (until September 26 or longer, if the exhibition The Age of Conquest is prolonged). Admission is 12 Euro for each.

If Age of Conquest has closed, Galleria Borghese (8 or 8.50 Euro, depending on where you look) has the next highest admission after the Forum combo.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roma Pass - Most bang for my buck on 2 free sites

There's a list showing the full prices and those available to card holders - though it doesn't necessarily include all the special exhibit supplements - which appears to be fairly current, here.....

romapass.it/doc/sitiAderentiCostoBiglietti_i…

Peter

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,915 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roma Pass - Most bang for my buck on 2 free sites

Zerlina is absolutely correct. Most people use the pass for the colosseum combo and the Borghese gallery but with the exhibition at the Capitolini museums it saves you more to see it as one of your first two free sites than the Borghese. You can still use the pass for a discount at the Borghese if you are planning to see it and the other sites mentioned. The colosseum combo and the Capitolini museums will just about pay for the cost of the pass.

Donna

Irving, TX
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roma Pass - Most bang for my buck on 2 free sites

Thank you Zerlina, Peter, and Donna. This really does help!

uk
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Roma Pass - Most bang for my buck on 2 free sites

yes donna you explain things really easily and very concise thx

DFW, TEXAS
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roma Pass - Most bang for my buck on 2 free sites

We also used our Roma Pass for Ostia Antica and the train ride to and from there.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,915 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roma Pass - Most bang for my buck on 2 free sites

Yes, the trip to Ostia Antica is a great way to use the romapass. The train is covered in both directions and you can get the discounted rate of admission so the day only costs you a few euros each. Well worth it and it gets you out of the city for a while.

donna

8. Re: Roma Pass - Most bang for my buck on 2 free sites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2011, 07:20