We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying an iron in rome

Hove Actually, UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Buying an iron in rome

We are arriving in Rome tomorrow with a weeks worth of ironing. I still can't get my head around this 'no irons in hotels thing'

We will be staying near termini. Can anyone recommend somewhere to buy a cheap iron we could use. Also, how much are we looking at paying?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying an iron in rome

There are lots of 'elettrodomestici' shops and chains, Euronics for instance. Here's their store finder...

euronics.it/it/…punti-vendita.html

Irons (ferro da stiro) from €9....

euronics.it/acquistaonline/piccoli-elettrodo…

Peter

Edited: 26 August 2010, 14:31
Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying an iron in rome

Between Via V E Orlando and Via Torino just up from Piazza della Repubblica is a gallery called Galleria Esedra. At the Via Torino end there is an electronics shop that sells all sorts - and irons. Very handily they also sell two pin adaptors with the UK fitting on the front - I got mine there!

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,691 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying an iron in rome

Galleria Esedra is the coffee cup on this google map of termini area (Dagnino's in in Esedra)

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

I've been ther mysefl gettin someting for my camera.

rome
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying an iron in rome

sometimes electrical appliances are not allowed in hotel rooms (ones brought from the outside), so check with your hotel.

Hove Actually, UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying an iron in rome

Thanks for the advice on this

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying an iron in rome

Yes, please do check with the front desk of the hotel. If the irons are allowed then the hotel will have one for you to use. they will probably have an ironing board.

Or find a laundy and have the wash done..it is not that expensive. probaly cheaper than buying an iron.

Go out and enjoy Rome and have someone do the wash. Unless you are traveling with masses of cotton dresses you should not have much to iron!

Hove Actually, UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying an iron in rome

I was given a price of 4.50 to iron a single shirt on Florence from the laundry place close to the hotel.

rome
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying an iron in rome

We usually pay 2,20 for washing and ironing a shirt. And that is the only thing we iron!

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buying an iron in rome

I agree wine-gal. We dont iron anything but shirts and if someone has a cotton dress or skirt.

When I send my laundry out it comes back folded and wrinkle free. I would not buy an iron for a few days visit in Italy!

It is frowned on to use an iron in a hotel and what are you going to use as an ironing board??

10. Re: Buying an iron in rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2011, 06:28