We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giuseppe Amorosi Studio Rental at 45 Balestrari, Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Giuseppe Amorosi Studio Rental at 45 Balestrari, Rome

Giuseppe Amorosi Studio Rental at 45 Balestrari, Campo de Fiori, Roma

I found Giuseppe’s advertisement on Craig’s list. I googled his name and telephone number to see what sort of feedback I could find. After reading the reviews, I contacted Giuseppe thru the Craig’s list ad to enquire about dates, availability and pricing. After emailing back and forth, I decided to take a chance & reserve the studio. Giuseppe does not ask for any money up front, just payment in full upon arrival.

I stayed at #4 - 45 Balestrari from September 13 to September 22, 2010. The building is right at the corner of Piazza Campo de Fiori. Prior to my arrival in Italy, I had googled the address and I knew exactly where the building was located. On the 13th I travelled by train from Florence to Roma Termini. There is a bus loop outside of Termini where you can purchase bus tickets from a machine for $1 Euro. I took No 64 (P.ZA STAZIONE S. PIETRO (FR)) to 8 stops got off at stop C.SO VITTORIO EMANUELE/S. A. DELLA VALLE then walked aprox. 250 meters to 45 Balestrari. I was unsure of my timing with train, bus and traffic but everything worked out smoothly. The front door of the building opened and there was Giuseppe with a big smile. He was polite, professional and even carried both of my bags up 4 flights of stairs! I have to say that upon my first meeting I knew I was in good hands. P.S. there is no lift/elevator for those that might be used to the easy way up. But walking the stairs is an excellent way to burn off that extra pizza, pasta, wine and gelato.

As I stepped into the suite everything was as described and more! Gorgeous flooring, high ceilings with original wood beams. The flat had 2 windows, one at opposite ends of the suite. One of the windows faces onto Via dei Balestari where you will see a restaurant below that is always humming with laughter, Italian language, tourists and the clinking of wine glasses and plates. This is a festive area so if you don’t like the sound simply close the windows. I personally loved it. I was constantly looking out that window people watching.

The flat has a small kitchenette with small fridge, 4 burner stove with oven, sink, fan, basic cooking utensils and stove top espresso maker in 2 sizes. A small table with 3 chairs sits opposite the kitchenette and beside the beautiful large Italian window with Via dei Balestrari below.

There is a large bathroom with toilette, bidet, sink and shower. I was provided with 4 large towels which covered my stay. Just a note, if your feet are pounding after a day of major walking, the bidet comes in handy for a good foot soak. This might sound gross to some people but believe me when one has put in a lot of mileage during the day, who cares it works! The living room area (middle part of studio) has 2 couches and a big coffee table. At the opposite end of the flat (behind the couches) is a large bed, bed lamps, wardrobe, flat screen TV with tons of channels and another window. There is free WI-FI throughout the studio, a small DVD player/radio and air conditioning.

This building has a recycling bin downstairs by the front door and recycling bags for glass, metal, cardboard, paper and compost are provided in the suite. I blew the power one night when I had the air conditioning on and had started cooking. The power box is located on the first floor of the building right beside the front entrance door. The suite numbers are clearly labelled so you can just flip the switch back on.

I am so glad I chose to stay here as opposed to staying in a hotel. It made my experience that much better. I felt completely safe and that is a big plus for me as a single woman travelling. I was central to everything. I would walk through the market everyday. I could walk to Trastevere, the Vatican, Castel Sant’Angelo, Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain and to the Colosseum. The bus stops are close by as well if you do not feel like walking. Here is a link that will help you figure out which bus to take. It provides you with a route map finder, info on buses, tickets, passes & subways. http://www.atac.roma.it/index.asp?lingua=ENG There are a ton of restaurants and wine bars in the area. I took the opportunity to cook with local food products that I bought either at the market or the grocery store. A lot of the wine bars in the area offer free appetizers between 7 & 9 when you order drinks. The average price for a glass of wine at this time is $6 Euro (sitting at the table). One wine bar charged $3.00 Euro. There are also pay phones in the Piazza and they take Euro coin as well as phone cards. If you don’t feel like going out, and just want to kick back and reflect on your day, wine, beverage & snacks can be purchased at a little store right around the corner of the building that faces the Piazza. Just a quick note when leaving through the main door of the building, the red button you press to open the door when exiting is a bit tricky. Press the red button/switch in on the end with your thumb and then down.

I would without a doubt stay here again. My cost was $65.00 Euro per night inclusive of everything plus final cleaning. I will post as many of the photos for the studio that I can.

Contact info for Giuseppe Amorosi is:

+39 3318085284

Email: campodefiorietrastevere@virgilio.it

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about my stay. Grazie!

Cynthia Hilde

Vancouver, Canada

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Giuseppe Amorosi Studio Rental at 45 Balestrari, Rome

I stayed in an apartment in this building about a year ago. Although the building is adequate, the apartment (not a studio) was definitely not. I would have written a negative review for Slow Trav, as at the time I was a regular poster there, but decided against it as the owner apparently withdrew the rental from the listing agency and from market.

But I am curious because a major problem with the apartment I rented was the water pressure ----- incredibly low. (And I have rented apartments in Italy before.) Also, although the location was perfect, I too faces via Balestrari and would not describe the location as festive. Safe, yes. Festive? no, but I was glad that the double glazed windows did eliminate noise from the Campo dei Fiori bars.

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Giuseppe Amorosi Studio Rental at 45 Balestrari, Rome

I had no problem with the water pressure in this studio.

3. Re: Giuseppe Amorosi Studio Rental at 45 Balestrari, Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2011, 05:18