We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A drink with the locals

valletta
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
A drink with the locals

Where should I go to find a bar/ winebar where the romans goes.

Travelling in 1st week of November.

Thanks.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A drink with the locals

Angolo DiVino (wine bar), just between Campo de Fiori and Farnese Square in via dei balestrari

Riccioli Cafe in via delle coppelle (oyster & cocktail bar), 5 mins away from Pantheon

Bar del Fico in piazza del fico, just off Navona Square (BTW after many years of restauration this historical place is open again; next door there is the pizzeria Francesco!)

Cul de Sac (wine bar & restaurant) in Pasquino Square, just off Navona Square. Very good ratio quality / price for the food!

Passaguai (wine bar) in the Vatican area in via pomponio leto. Here you'll be the only tourist, you can bet 100 bucks!

Endless chances in Trastevere: go where your heart takes you!

Ciao Daniela

United States
Level Contributor
449 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A drink with the locals

I would like to add:

1. Giulio Passami l'Olio, via di monte giordano 28

2. Nylon, via del Politeama

3. Societe' Lutece, piazza di montevecchio

rome
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A drink with the locals

Daniela, you lost those 100 - a couple of days ago there was a tourist couple in passaguai!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A drink with the locals

I found them too on afternoons....but never after dinner :)

I suppose the place is suggested by the hotels nearby.....

Ciao Daniela

valletta
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A drink with the locals

Thanks to you all I will cu there next week.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A drink with the locals

One more that seems to have been overlooked - Il Goccetto! It's an absolutely lovely wine bar with tons of Italian and French wines, in a gorgeous location not far from Piazza Farnese, never seen a single tourist in there. One of my favorites.

www.revealedrome.com

UK
Level Contributor
3,268 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A drink with the locals

Our favourite place for a late afternoon aperitif is San Silvestro Bar Ristorante in Piazza di San Silvestro just off the via del Corso. It is always packed with locals enjoying a chat, a caffè, a drink, after work or after shopping.

A real taste of real Roman life.

Enjoy!

Genzano di Roma...
Level Contributor
124 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A drink with the locals

Il Goccetto is a MUST! They have a fantastic wine by the glass menu and it is always full of locals hanging in and out of the doorway, sometimes you have to crawl over the people.

Have fun!

9. Re: A drink with the locals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2011, 05:16