We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go for sunrise/sunset

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go for sunrise/sunset

So I asked this for Venice so now I'll be in Rome this weekend and wonder where I might go to catch a really nice sunset/sunrise.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go for sunrise/sunset

The higher up, the better! Most rooftop terraces and bars are a good choice.

The terrace above piazza del Popolo affords a nice sunset view as does the terrace from the Orange Grove (Giardino degli Aranci) on the Aventine Hill. The sunset view is nice at the restaurant Ciampini at Trinita dei Monti if you have a seat on the "view side" of the restaurant. If you have extra cash to spend, try the view from the Hassler Hotel's rooftop restaurant. Here's a listing of some other rooftop views:

inromenow.com/site%20templates/LodgingRoofTe…

For sunrise I would choose the Gianicolo Hill, probably the terrace at the top of the scala Giovanni Iacobucci but if I felt energetic I might get an early start and climb higher to enjoy the view along the Passegiata del Gianicolo.

Have fun in Rome and enjoy the sun!!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go for sunrise/sunset

EternalCity1 already said the two places specifically hat immediately come to mind: the Gianicolo Hill and/or from the terrae of Villa Borghese Park where it overlooks Piazza Del Popolo. From the top of the Spanish Steps offers a really pretty view as well, though is probably more crowded (provided you are outside and not inside, that is, such as inside the restaurant mentioned above).

Rome is a city full of hills...find the top of one and enjoy the view! :)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go for sunrise/sunset

For half an answer, have a look here...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k39337…

Peter

4. Re: Where to go for sunrise/sunset

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2011, 06:49