We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting the Vatican and St Peters with mobility problems

North east England
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting the Vatican and St Peters with mobility problems

I would be grateful if anyone could tell me whether there are likely to be wheelchairs available at the Vatican at 1.00pm on a Saturday in December.

We are staying near the Trevi fountain so we would get a bus to the Vatican .

Also are there any other museums or sites of interest that provide wheelchairs to borrow ?

Thank you

Odette

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting the Vatican and St Peters with mobility problems

Behind the metal detectors on the right hand side of the lobby there is the cloakroom where you will be asked to fill up a form and to show an ID.

Ciao Daniela

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
219 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting the Vatican and St Peters with mobility problems

This page from the Slow Travel website has a plethora of information about navigating Rome in a wheelchair that you may find useful, including some detailed information about visiting the Vatican: slowtrav.com/italy/accessible/rome/index.htm

Good luck!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting the Vatican and St Peters with mobility problems

Hi! I just wanted to say that when we went last year, I booked with a private tour company called MyVaticanTour. Mostly because I was traveling with my daughter that is/was going through treatment for leukemia and needed some special consideration... a wheelchair if needed and also a guarantee that we could skip the line. This company was WONDERFUL! She ended up having the energy to forgo the wheelchair, but they said they could have one for her.

Good luck!

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting the Vatican and St Peters with mobility problems

You've posted the same question twice. I gave a detailed response here:

tripadvisor.com/…29500189

Briefly, though, you have to reserve the wheelchair in advance. The complete details are on the topic above.

5. Re: Visiting the Vatican and St Peters with mobility problems

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2011, 07:19