We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartment for two

florida
Level Contributor
812 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
apartment for two

Interested for Dec 26-Jan 2-heart of the city.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Casa

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apartment for two

Have you checked with VRBO.com? That is a great site for apartments.

If you can afford it... right in the city... I would suggest the Albergo del Senato. Amazing hotel! And definitely became part of the experience for us. It could not be more central! I had some friends stay there last winter and got a great winter rate.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,496 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: apartment for two

vrbo is hit and miss - they are just a listing site for owners with no control over the quality of the rental. You are better dealing with a management company like Friendly Rentals. They have many apartments in Rome renting from 4 days. I can recommend their Sally apartment having stayed there earlier this year, but there are other 1 bedroom apts.

www.friendlyrentals.com

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,817 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: apartment for two

I have used this agency, Rome-accomodation.net 3 times now with great results. They treat you fairly, and the apts are cleaned once a week so they are not dirtly when you check in. If you stay mroe thatn a weeek they come in and clena. They also give you one night free is you stay 6 days

rome-accommodation.net/apartments-rome.xhtml

I am not sure if any of the apt I have stayed in are central enough for you. I have stayed in AP-06, 09 , and 18.

United States
Level Contributor
449 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: apartment for two

Hi, this is a very central apartment (between Mouth of Truth, Roman Forum and Circus Maximus)... 50-100 euros a night for 2, and it's a studio apartment.

www.romedowntown.it/it/accomodation/8.aspx

Bunbury, Western...
Level Contributor
228 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: apartment for two

We stayed recently in a one bedrroom apartment on Via Leoncino, close to spanish steps, vatican, piazza navona etc. Negative is 5 stories stairs only but positves are modern and large apartment with terrace views.

I would highly recommend.

PM me if you would like details.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: apartment for two

Dear Casa,

If you can find a bit of time to really work on booking your apartment now, I really encourage you to do so. Apartments for Christmas/New Years are already filling up, so the sooner you can make a request the more options you will have (the best deals move quickly). Good luck!

-Michael

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: apartment for two

I recently stayed in this 1BR:

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p453006

...and it was great -- perfect location, nice place. Not all that cheap though.

My review is Mike from PA (first one) - lots more detail there.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
323 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: apartment for two

Check out Roman Reference. We have booked 2 times with them and were very happy. Just a caution- really read what is included and look critically at the pictures. Then you cant go wrong. Mimi

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: apartment for two

You can also try Dolce Vita Residence: www.hoteldolcevitarome.com

I haven't stayed there, but it has been recommended by friends and hopefully I will see it next year.

10. Re: apartment for two

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2011, 05:16