We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels around the Pantheon?

Chicago
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels around the Pantheon?

We are looking for a nice boutique style hotel around the Pantheon for around 200 - 250 Euro for May 2011. I have read some positive reviews of these properties, Hotel Capo d'Africa, Albergo Santa Chiara, Albergo Cesari, and Hotel Abruzzi. Would love to hear comments or other recommendations. I appreciate your time in responding to my post!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,909 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels around the Pantheon?

I've had friends stay at both the Hotel Capo D'Africa and the Albergo del Senato and really loved these hotels. I have not stayed at either but based on the feedback I've gotten you won't be disappointed with either.

Donna

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels around the Pantheon?

Near the Pantheon, my personal favorite is the Grand Hotel de la Minerve.

If you are more budget conscious, check out Albergo Santa Chiara or Albergo Cesari

I have stayed several times at Hotel Capo d' Africa and been very pleased. It is not near the Pantheon (which has become too crowded an area for my tastes) but is near the Colosseum on a quite street. I prefer this neighborhood to the Pantheon and it is a great hotel.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels around the Pantheon?

I forgot to add that I have stayed at the Del Senato and it was nice enough but IMO they have priced themselves too high for what they offer. Based on their current rates. I would not pay the price to stay there again. For my money, there are better options.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels around the Pantheon?

We have stayed in Hotel Abruzzi twice, once before and once after their renovations. The new room we stayed in was small but had all the modern conveniences as well as a view of the Pantheon. We would stay there again for a short visit to Rome.

While I have never stayed there, the Hotel Raphael has always intrigued me. It is tucked away on a small street just a stones throw from piazza Navona but very much away from the noise and energy of that Piazza.

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
906 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels around the Pantheon?

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Portoghesi in May, 2010 for 4 nights. The rate was in the Euro 200 per night range. It has been recently renovated and is a short walk to either the Pantheon or Piazza Navona. Check out my review.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187791-d191097…

Enjoy

6. Re: Hotels around the Pantheon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2011, 07:41