We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rome aparments

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
rome aparments

Hi.

Husband & I will be in rome for 5 nights from Sunday the 6th to friday 11th March. Hoping to get something with a basic kitchen so we can make a few meals. Something in the historic centre would be great otherwise, near the colloseum area or termini. If anyone has recommendations for specific appartments or for websites (ones that have accurate discriptions & are legitimate) with appartments on them that would be great. We're looking at 80-100 euro per night, preferable down the lower end.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rome aparments

Hi,

There are a lot of great agencies for you to choose from and many of the properties are represented by multiple agencies. I suggest that you do a bit of a background check on the agencies you are considering by doing a search here at TA, on the apartment/agency reviews at www.slowtrav.com and a google search on the web in general.

The best deals are on stays of a week or more but you will still find lots of options and hopefully a perfect place for you in Rome. Make sure you understand the standard rental payment procedures and read all the fine print on the rental contract.

I have used www.RomanReference.com on 3 trips to Rome in the last 10 years and have had great success with the agency and the properties. I have found them to be helpful, courteous, professional and prompt during the search for an apartment and during our time in Rome.

Hopefully others will add a link to their favorite agencies and some rental tips as well.

Good luck and have fun planning your trip!

ohio
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rome aparments

I have looked at some of their apartments as well but can't seem to find many reviews here or on other sites so I will just go with another agency. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,329 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rome aparments

I've booked several times with Rome Capital Apartments, I just used the one near Piazza Navona called the "bernini" very very reasonable prices on a wonderful charming street,

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
54 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rome aparments

Depending on your personality and what you're looking for, the tiny Roman Reference #380 apartment might suit you. In particular if budget is your biggest issue - you could stay here and spend the savings on restaurants (or the amazing pizzaria next door!). It's a little dusty, a little shabby and at the top of 70 steps, but we enjoyed our time here, the location was perfect and we loved the terrace. It works out to about $65euro per night.

My full review is at www.slowtrav.com/italy/vr/review.asp?n=4702.

5. Re: rome aparments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 November 2010, 18:35
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rome aparments

We were in Rome in Oct and stayed here tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g187791…

and I would highly recommend. Have not had time to write up my review yet, but everything was fantastic - location, Sylvia, facilities, cleanliness, price. Sylvia goes out of her way to take care of her guests. Easy walking distance to all the ancient sites, and even beyond, and close to local shops and metro, and with a local neighbourhood feel despite being so centrally located. We would love to stay there again when we return (wtih luck) to Rome.

7. Re: rome aparments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2011, 06:22