We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome next week

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rome next week

Hi,

I will be traveling to Rome mid next week. I have been checking the weather lately and found that it will be raining most of next week. I'm debating weather to postpone the trip or not.

Is anyone in Rome right now or has travel in the December before? what would you recommend?

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome next week

Yes, it can be rainy, but its never seems to last too long. I just wear my coat and hat and sometimes an umbrella, and I hop on and off buses as much as I can. You can buy a weekly pass or daily pass, so you only stamp your ticket once per day (or week) and just keep it with you. It makes it very convenient with rain. The forum and palatine visit is definitely not as pleasant, but you could probably be flexible on that. Ultimately, your call on comfort level. I hope that helps somewhat.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
509 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome next week

We were in Rome from Nov 24th till Dec 6th 2010. Yes it was rainy and we had to buy umbrellas. But it did not deter us from our sight seeing. Once it rained nearly the whole day. But we walked all the way from the Spanish Steps right to the Piazza del Popolo(and across!) As long as you have a water-resistant jacket, have a hat and/or umbrella, you're good to go.

My family and I even took the flight to Venice even though everyone was telling us to just cancel our trip. Yes it was high-water but Venice was lovely and we made the most of it.

If I were you, I would not postpone.

Level Contributor
745 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome next week

I would not postpone on the basis of the possibility of rain. That is often a possibility in Rome. I have spent a fortnight in September there when it has poured the whole of the first week, and the second week there was not a drop. It is pointless trying to outguess the weather!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome next week

We are going in 2 weeks and won't be deterred by the rain because it always rains during our trips to England and we just wear our raincoats, buy an umbrella to use during our trips, and deal with it :)

5. Re: Rome next week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2011, 06:16