We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating at FCO airport

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
16,520 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Eating at FCO airport

I've searched and can not find this anywhere. We will be departing from FCO airport on a Mon AM (flight leaves at 11:30) on American Airlines. It looks like it leaves from Terminal 5. Would it still leave from the satellite terminal, or did that change? Are there restaurants in the satellite terminal, or should we get whatever food we want before we head out there? Where in the process do you go through security? Thanks.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,083 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating at FCO airport

Yes, its the satellite terminal. There are several places to get something to eat (I wouldn't call them restaurants tho). It's more of a convenience food theme, you can get a pannini, pizza, sandwiches, salad, fruit, etc.

Upon entry into the terminal, you go to the tkt window for your boarding pass, then check you go around the corner to the right and check your luggage and then the security line. Its very well marked. My flight departure time (with USAir back to Philly) are usually around the same time, I arrive at FCO 8 a.m., security takes about 15 mins because I arrive early. The line for food is usually quite long (10 mins or so)

Edited: 11 December 2010, 23:45
North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating at FCO airport

Yes, you can find places to eat AFTER you go through security.

3. Re: Eating at FCO airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2011, 06:28