We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel for one person

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel for one person

I may be travelling to Rome Aug 23rd to 27th 2011.

I have a choice between the Albergo Santa Chiara at the rate of 100EU for a double for single use or a single for 80EU.

Hotel Abruzzi are charging the same price but I have read that their singles are in another buildind down the road. They are offering a Pantheon view for their double but I'm not concerned about that as I know that it's under scaffold and I would rather have a restful nights sleep than a view.

Any advice on which would be a better choice or if anyone has stayed in a single room at one of these hotels before??

I also worry about the noise level at night which I know can't be totally avoided in this location.

Any suggestions or perhaps a recommendation for another hotel in the same area?? I would like to keep my budget around 100EU or less.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel for one person

Where did you read that the singles of Abruzzi are in another building down the road? I am really curious. I've never heard of this. I had friends staying in Abruzzi and they definitely stayed in the main building. Breakfast is served outside though, in an adjoining cafeteria.

A good question to ask is when will the scaffolding be gone - does anyone know when work is expected to be finished?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,339 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel for one person

Lily I didn't get a chance to look thru here :

www.cross-pollinate.com/list.asp…

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel for one person

I've actually stayed in the Albergo Santa Chiara and it's an extremely nice place to stay...also in terms of location! The staff is also very nice and helpful.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel for one person

I can't advise you as to hotel choice, although I have read good things about both hotels, and they are well located.

However, as someone who usually travels alone, I will point out to you that single rooms are generally very very small. Often you will have no place to unpack your clothes, etc. If this matters to you, you should consider taking the double-for-single-use option. Sometimes I do this, if I really want to be able to settle into a hotel instead of living out of my suitcase.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel for one person

Hey Gianetta, I'm trying to stay as close to the Pantheon as possible within my budget so we'll be close by..

PrestoTours and ItalophileNJ, thanks for the replies and I think I will choose the Santa Chiara for convenience and also I will definitely stay in the double as I know first hand what you mean by a single being small, very, very, small, some are ridiculously small, once I stayed at the Albergo del Senato and there wasn't enough space in the room for me, the hotel guy when he showed me the room and my case.

6. Re: which hotel for one person

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2011, 05:54